𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟾|𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚜.

Bright Chivaaree

Upon arriving at the packhouse, I mind-linked with the pack doctor to come up to my room as I laid Win on my bed. A few minutes later, they arrived and immediately went to Win's side. Though not wanting anyone to touch Win after what occurred, I allowed the doctor to check up on him while I was pacing back and forth.

"Bright, I'll take care of him. You can wait outside."

"Can't I just stay? I want to stay."

"Don't worry, you'll see him later. "

Reluctantly, I nodded and left the room and there was a big part of me that didn't want to leave his side. Aimlessly, I walked downstairs and saw Man from the corner of my eye. Man is my trusted Beta, my second in command, and someone whom I consider one of my best friends. Even though he doesn't say much—the guy is too reliable.

"You okay?" Man asked with a worried tone as soon as I neared him.

"Worried, but physically fine."

"He'll be okay," he gave me a tap on the shoulder and I nodded.

"Don't worry," Boss added and I slumped on the stool.

The three of us sat down on the stools by the kitchen island. While we waited, I took the time to call Win's parents and tell them to come here to the packhouse. Aside from the fact that Win was assaulted by a werewolf—I feared most that his Dad will disapprove of me because I failed to keep him safe. We just talked about keeping his only son safeguarded over breakfast earlier and now this happened.

Boss handed me a beer and I placed my lips on the mouth of the bottle and emptied the contents. This is my third bottle. I am tensed and perturbed seeing Win in that state and there was nothing that I could do to stop it.

Rose and Clayton arrived at the packhouse and asked me what happened, I don't exactly know what happened and so, I relayed to them what I saw. Rose was crying non-stop and Luna had to comfort her. Clayton gave me a glance and I immediately felt a shiver run down my spine, just because his son's my mate, doesn't equal them approving about it.

"This will not happen again, Sir. I am really sorry. Please don't keep him away from me. Please, I am begging you. I promise that this won't happen again. I beg you."

My voice cracked but I composed myself to suppress my tears, I don't exactly know what I am supposed to do if they keep my mate away from me—it's as good as saying that I was rejected. However, Clayton nodded and grabbed my shoulder tight with an assuring smile on his face.

"Bright, I don't have any plans of keeping him away from you. The Moon Goddess chose you for him. It may be hard to accept it at first because both of you are males, but I completely understand now. Thank you for being there," he pulled me into a tight hug before going to his mate to console her.

All my worries disappeared and I let out a puff of air through my mouth to calm myself. Aegon walked up to me with a serious look on his face. He's mad - not just mad, he's furious. And an Alpha's anger would be hard to appease once provoked.

"Who the hell would do this to the incoming Luna?! Is it from our pack? Tell me so I can banish that asshole," he asked with gritted teeth but I shook my head.

"It's from Blue Moon Pack, Luke."

Aegon nodded and grabbed his phone. I know he'll call the Alpha of the Blue Moon Pack. My father knows every single pack in our town, and every Alpha, too. He wasn't that far away from us so we heard him scream and curse. He was enraged that someone did this to Win, to my mate, and to the incoming Luna of the Crystal Blood Pack.