17 | SWEETS & SWEARING

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
'sweets & swearing'

You sat against the cold wall of your room, windows down and the balcony door open. The cold was rushing in, but it didn't bother you.

For the past hour, you were just sitting on your bed doing nothing productive. It felt as if Overhauls words tainted your soul and caused this. You were questioning that what he said was the reason why Katsuro couldn't tell you.

It was late, maybe around eight o'clock. From your floor, you could hear the loud chatter of your classmates screaming at the movie that they were watching.

You got back to campus when they were all out training in the hall. You felt that you failed to get the truth and your little tantrum in Tartarus would lessen the chances of you getting another ticket there.

"Why did I do that? I fucking hate myself," you muttered.

The screen of your phone lit up and buzzed against the side table. Your hand reached for it and pressed the power button, ignoring it.

You wanted to be alone, everyone thought you were still out, so they didn't check your room. For you, that was a good thing.

For Bakugou, not so much.

He knew you were upstairs. When he and Katsuro walked past your room to get to his earlier, he heard a quiet groan. He thought you must've been to where you were going and didn't get the results you wanted. He left you alone, he didn't want to upset you further.

Bakugou held the door open for Katsuro to walk in. The latter ran over to his bed and jumped on it to later sit.

The older smiled at the boy's antics and turned his laptop on to put on a movie that they were watching earlier.

"Dad, I bet that this guy is the bad guy..."

"Bet? What are you? A gambler?" He teased, ruffling the boy's blond hair. Katsuro flung his hands up to remove his dad's.

"I'm right! I'm telling you. If I win you make me popcorn!"

Bakugou shook his head in a sigh. "Fine. But where did you learn this 'bet' thing from?"

"Uncle Kiri! I got a jar of sugary things from him..."

"Damn shit— weird hair."

"Shit? Your hair isn't that weird to Uncle Kiri's dad!"

"Holy shi— I mean don't say that. I'll get you your popcorn if you don't tell [name] that I said that out loud." He panicked, pausing the movie.

"Shh. Look there's the reveal! You paused it. I'm right! Can I have popcorn now dad?" He asked with puppy eyes and a pout.

"Sure but I got to ask you something first." Bakugou turned to Katsuro and looked at him sincerely. "Firecracker," he asked, bringing his son to his lap. "How am I your dad?"

"I think you know how babies are made—"

"Tch. Not that," he softly said, not wanting to be loud in the six year old's ear. "I mean why [name]?"