95 | FOR THE GREATER GOOD

CHAPTER NINETY-FIVE
'for the greater good'

(spoilers for chapter 260 onwards)

That feeling in some time travel movies where one feels weird when they sense that their past self is just around the corner surges through Katsuro's veins.

He swung his legs off of the table and was careful not to touch anything that could accidentally open any doors to the tanks.

"Where are you?!" Her voice yelled, annoyed.

"Come back. We haven't bandaged your wounds yet."

They took some of his quirk like last time. They put it in a machine that made a loud noise. Katsuro covered his ears as he cried.

"Go away!" He shouted back, finding a pen and throwing it far away so that they chase after that noise instead. It was another thing he watched in the movies.

It was clear to him at this point that his life wasn't a movie even with the extraordinary superpowers most people have naturally.

At some time in the lab, Katsuro contemplated if the pain he was feeling was even a part of his vision to save you and Katsuki in the future. Everything happens for a reason. Right?

He knew he was too ambitious when the first needle was sunken into his arm.

He knew that time was dangerous with the second needle in his neck.

He knew that maybe after all this, even with his dad alive now doesn't mean his dad will be alive the next time he goes home.

He knew that his grandpa's vision was right until the very end of his life where it changed. His was just constantly changing every time he'd activate it.

Now he was just too scared to use it.

Every look in your mother's eyes sent a shock through his nerves to move away. To run. To not turn back because she was why he was in the past in the first place.

Katsuro didn't want to use his power until he saw that your mother was locked in Tartarus.

He should've just started with that for his master plan instead. He didn't need to talk to you or Katsuki and get attached. With your mother locked away, he could've had everything quicker with less ache.

That's what she told him with the third needle in the vein to extract the quirk.

Katsuro wishes he didn't know anything.

He wishes that he was gifted with a less daunting quirk.

He wishes he was still a kid showing his drawing to his parents after school without anything disturbing the peace.

We can't always have everything we wish for.

But Katsuro was going to finish what he started.

He looked for the entrance to the elevator, quickly crawling to the exit with the picture of Touya and his grandma and pressed the code.

The doors closed before they noticed.

He got away. He needed to find the villa.

Sounds of planes and helicopters soared above him and he guessed that they were the heroes.

He followed on foot, ignored by the public, rushing to find Hawks because he was the only hero he knew was there.

Maybe it was his paranoia of being surrounded by villains or the fact that his son was still close yet so far away from his reach, but Katsuki didn't get much sleep last night— that meant another cheap can of coffee was going to go into his system.