97 | END OF THE WORST

CHAPTER NINETY-SEVEN
'end of the worst'

"YOU KILLED HIM!" Katsuro screamed, being pulled away by Dabi, "MISTER HAWKS! YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO!"

Hawks couldn't reply. His mind was filled by the awful sensations of burning from his back. He coughed away the smoke, reaching out for the boy. "Wait— don't take him away!"

"And what can you do, hero?" Dabi looked down on him, utterly disgusted. "What can you do right now when the source of your speed is gone? You can't stop us now. You didn't have him, how could save this boy?"

"I want to stay with him—"

"No. I need you as leverage. Come with me."

Katsuro woke up shaken from everything in his surroundings. He could have sworn he heard his Uncle and Aunties below him.

He didn't realise where he was until he looked around. Over the ridges and the stiff hair, he found out and cowered at the fact he was on Gigantomachia's back, travelling to the centre of the city with the villains.

Dabi was beside him, stood over Skeptic staring into the laptop.

"W-what are you doing?"

"Spreading the truth."

"About Mister Hawks?"

"Yeah." He walked towards the boy carefully, kneeling to stare at him. "You look like one of the students. I don't know why, but you're here for leverage. You can jump off if you want to. I'm going to warn that I don't think you're little legs won't be able to sustain the impact when you reach the ground."

Dabi attached something to his wrists. Katsuro's eyes were wide, filled with utter fear. "Why are you like this? Why can't you just let me go to my family?"

He questioned everything. Almost as if all the problems he chose to ignore or was too young to know about came crashing down on him like a landslide.

"Can I not exist with them with our happy ending?"

Dabi stood up, his back facing the boy.
He eyes him, shaking his head.

"In a world like this, we don't get happy endings."

When he looked to the ground again, contemplating his choice, he decided to step back a little as the giant moved into a new setting. A city— the remains of one.

He saw this on tv, too. This place was already in this state in the future. Katsuro found out why.

Katsuro still tensed, seeing his young Uncles and Endeavour tired from fighting Shigaraki.

I have to try, he assured himself.

Giving up isn't cool.

I have to keep trying.

"You use your quirk, you lose it. Those bracelets suck up your power. I don't know what it is, but don't try anything if you want to see the people you're looking for."

During that very conversation, when you reached the battle scene, Aizawa was limp, Gran Torino was on the floor and Endeavour looked spent with Shoto at his side.

Midoriya himself looked battered enough as it is. He came to rush over you after hearing the commission from where he stood. He reached Mirio straight away to help you both up. Katsuki was panting. It didn't look too good.

You were the first to run up to Endeavour, to ask him if he was doing okay and to tell him that together, you could protect and keep away what the villains were after.