98 | A PRECIOUS FAREWELL

final part will be out tomorrow :,)

CHAPTER NINETY-EIGHT
'a precious farewell'

Katsuki let her squeeze his hand with every contraction she had on the way to the hospital.

On Bluetooth, he received one too many calls from his mom about her because she was woken up by the blasting of notifications on the tv she kept on accidentally.

Turns out she was a light sleeper and she got up instantly at the mention of her daughter's name.

"Katsuki! You better not be messing with me! [name]-chan better be beside you!"

"Mitsuki— what's going on?"

"Get the car! She's giving birth!"

"Who? Wait... OH MY GOODNESS! I'M GOING, I'M GOING!"

Katsuki stifled a chuckle, parking hurriedly in front of the emergency entrance. "Gotta go, old hag. I'm about to have another brat with my wife."

"Wife?!"

"Better believe it. Look on your ring finger."

"No fucking way!" She screamed, excitedly. "I need to tell Mina!"

Katsuki picked you up, hooking his arms under her knees and one behind her back. "Priorities, wife, gotta push that out first."

"Oh yeah," she sighed. "I forgot."

In Jaku, you coughed away the dust that snuck its way into your mouth. You were holding your son next to you, covering him from what you thought was going to crush him.

His eyes were shut tightly and he was shaking so much. You wiped your face and softly batted his hands and rubbed the soot away. "Bub," you quietly said. "Are you hurt?"

Katsuro opened his eyes, gasping and not answering your question. "I didn't know what else to do. We were gonna... gonna..."

"It's okay," you said, drying his eyes with your hands. "Are you hurt?" You asked again.

The little blond shook his head. "You're hurt, though."

He frantically looked around him, seeing in the near distance where fallen clock tower once was.

It no longer had any flowers. It was cleared up, even the debris wasn't there anymore. The memorial of his parents, gone. The whole place was being rebuilt, actually.

"I think we are in the future." He said in a whisper. "I didn't know I could take someone with me."

Some people who were wandering glanced down and then walked away. Others questioned if you both were alright, seen as your body looked like it had taken a lot of damage.

Katsuro froze once he saw a girl. Her hair cut short, a pale blue and her eyes a unique vermillion. She was here, why? He'll ask her later.

You saw too. She's taller than the last time you saw her. Your heart melted. She's grown so much.

"What year is it?" Katsuro asked hurriedly, wanting solid confirmation.