84 | LEGACY OF SIR NIGHTEYE

CHAPTER EIGHTY-FOUR
'legacy of sir nighteye'

At lunch, Shoto decided to sit next to you at a table with Katsuki and the others. You convinced him too.

Mina was excited to have 'the school's most handsome boy' sitting in front of her, much to Kirishima's delight.

In response, he chewed on his food more roughly, you flicked a piece of corn at him, shaking your head and mouthed 'she likes you' to him. Poor Kirishima must've felt like he wasn't on Shoto's level because of the way Mina was excited to talk to him.

"Shitty hair. Don't be jealous of other guys talking to her or her talking to other guys. If she likes you, she likes you."

"I know! I can't help it."

Katsuki and you shrugged, not knowing what else to do.

Kirishima looked at Mina and then at her hand that was on the table. He kept his eyes on the two of you and with an embarrassed face, he placed his hand on top of hers.

As her reaction, Mina seemed to have turned her hand around and laced their fingers together as she kept the conversation going. Cute.

In your pocket, you felt your phone ringing.

Katsuki turned his head to you and narrowed his brows, wanting to know who it is. He was worried.

"It's Hawks..." you mumbled, standing up and waving to the others.

Lunch would be over in a few minutes anyway. He got up with you, nodding to the people on the table and then held your hand.

"Hello?" you spoke, tapping your feet on the floor anxiously.

"Hi Epochary, how are you?" Hawks asked, sounding happy as ever. "Twice and Toga are wondering how you were since you haven't been coming over lately."

"Say hi to them for me."

Act friendly. I could be on speaker.

"Okay. So the President wants us to gather tomorrow after school hours. You down? How were finals?"

He's rushing it, Katsuki noticed.

Hawks was never this quick with asking things because he was the lazy-ish type of he wasn't interested. And he was never interested in your school or any school for that matter.

You shrugged towards Katsuki, "T'was good. I'll be there I guess. I don't think I have a choice."

"Okay, cool. Hero costume, not uniform, kay?"

"Okay. See you."

"Bye-bye."

Katsuki was leaning on the wall, one foot propped up probably to display how cool and chill he looked on the outside while his insides were churning for you.

You sat down on the floor beside his legs. "They're having another meeting tomorrow, sounds serious. I probably have to go back to the villa soon too."