59 | BURN IN BLUE

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
'burn in blue'

Manga spoilers from chapter 240 & 241, Dabi's Identity and Best Jeanist's state.

He leaned back on the wall of the window sill, ran his hand down his neck and tugged on a single staple on his skin to pick it off instead of it bothering him.

The villain craned his head back, a tight-lipped smirk forming along his lips. Pure amusement was the only thing that could describe him as of that moment.

He also dusted the remaining soot off his black trench coat, watching Twice switch between channels on the square, outdated television. There were so many stories on Best Jeanist and where he went as well as a few articles here and there on the battle of Deika City. It made him laugh odiously.

Had Hawks even told you yet?

You were both wanting to join the League at any costs. And lo, you gave him your childhood home!

He stood up and waved everyone off, deciding to wander around the new hideout. His phone rang a few more times, to which he all declined in pettiness and made his way to Jaku General Hospital.

It wasn't a far journey. He managed to think thoroughly about you and why you of all people deciding to join Hawks in attempting to join the League. Dabi knew you from your many interactions in the past, but does he feel like he knew you now? You were so different.

Entering through automatic glass doors, he glared at any nurses about to pay attention or talk to him as he made his way to an elevator.

Once at the floor underground, he pushed open a huge metal door and stumbled upon a facility where the Nomus were being developed, enhanced and manufactured like machines.

Dabi stepped over the tubes and wires to the short doctor in the chair, coughing rather loudly to draw attention to himself.

Kyudai Garaki felt the temperature drop when he felt his intense presence behind him. He spun around and nodded at the black-haired man.

"Dabi. What can I do for you?"

"Where is she?"

"Ah. There behind the high ends, in that room" he pointed behind the many tanks to the back wall where yet another facility was located. "She has been waiting for a report on what Himiko-san has done, so please tell her. She doesn't like to wait."

He only rolled his eyes, waving him off because he didn't feel the need for the explanation that was just given to him. Even though he had nothing better to do, a short and simple answer would've sufficed.

If you just shut your gob, she wouldn't have to wait.
My fuck, are all old men this annoying?

He went through the door which had a translucent glass with clear windows into the chemical laboratory. Dabi slid open it open and stayed a few steps away from the working woman, staying behind the yellow line that had 'do not cross' in bold black letters littered on a yellow background, almost as if it was a crime scene.

Well, it kind of was.

"How was your day today—" The woman asked, her hair cascading slowly down from her messy up-do as she turned to look at the man that stood behind her. She smiled. "—Touya-kun?"