23 | KATSURO'S QUIRK

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
'katsuro's quirk'

A quirk is a special, unique and supernatural ability that a person can have.

The first quirk manifested was a newborn baby in China; the baby could emit light from their body and after that, many people around the world began to manifest their own superpowers.

Your quirk was time-related. You called it 'Pause' and you had the ability to stop time around you in a five-meter radius. A future related quirk, just like your father's.

The only drawback was that time would move forward a minute if you exceed one minute. Everyone would just wonder was happened. They could be having a conversation with one person in one place then suddenly move across the room facing another.

When you were younger, you thought it was a weak quirk. It was limited. But after your father trained you and pro heroes spent time with you, you've learned how to use it to a comfortable extent.

When on missions or having gone against villains in the past, you've relied on your hand to hand abilities because you were scared. You were scared that you could lead everyone down one path when it could've led to many. Because of that, you rarely go over your limit.

But today you did exactly that.

You and Bakugou argued about how he felt about all of this and when you watched the news in the living area, your heart sank to your stomach.

"The villain Dabi was spotted earlier today leaving an alley after a weird occurrence with the time. Officials spotted him outside a store, but everything changed."

You bit your lip and you bounced your leg. Shoto looked at you and scanned your appearance. You were fidgeting a lot and he knew you well enough that you were soon going to break.

As he turned to the tv with his classmates, they were all wide-eyed or with their arms crossed in confusion.

The reporter on the tv turned to her colleague, "Did you feel something weird earlier? It was like time moved! I was talking with the cameraman and then suddenly I'm facing the director."

"When Dabi left the alley, bodies were burnt to a crisp to the point they were unrecognisable, maybe be the villain Kurogiri assisted him," the man said.

You stood up at walked to the kitchen and took a small juice box, finishing it within a few seconds. You knew for a fact it was you who was the catalyst for that.

Shoto followed you and leant against the door frame. "[name]. Before you say anything, it's not you're fault that happened."

He worried about you, his face said it all. You huffed and crunched the box before throwing it in the trash. "That was me. It was my fucking quirk."

"But you didn't do what he did. He was going to end up doing that. You couldn't stop it."

You groaned and shook the guilt away, you needed to focus on something else. And that was Katsuro and his quirk. The guilt you felt about the repercussion of your quirk was probably going to bite back at you later. Karma was a bitch and it was your quirk.

Shoto held onto your shoulder as you walked by him with a plastic smile. His eyes softened in concern. He didn't like you like this, it seemed as though his best friend's eyes that were once warm went dull and empty. Shoto wanted you to realise that the consequences of your quirk was just speeding up the inevitable future.