51 | MOVIE NIGHT

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
'movie night'

Hawks opened the car door for you, yawing as the sky turned into a warm hue of orange and yellows.

It felt colder for you than it was. Maybe it was just extreme fatigue eating at your energy so that you could be under the warmth of your covers.

Denial.

You and the pro hero were now in front of the gates of your household— actually, it wasn't even yours anymore. The traditional Japanese building was now merely an escape and abode for the League of Villains when they needed it.

The lanyard around your neck was pulled by yourself, the snap from the plastic clip at the back made Hawks look at you, opening his hand for him to hide it somewhere in the car.

You secretly hoped he'd never find it again. Not only did it have the keycard to open some of the facilities in the HPSC building, but the picture of yourself in it looked dreadful. It would hit two birds with one stone.

Leaning to the gate's voice recognition, you said your name and then they creaked open. Hawks followed you inside, deciding it would be more polite to go through the gates instead of flying over.

The both of you walked along the gravelled path, then reached your small porch, then the door. You slid it open and looked around, seeing muddy footprints and coats messily hung up in the open closet. Looking at the floor, you saw the bags you left the last time you were here opened and torn, snacks gone and only cleaning products remained.

"I'm home," you greeted no one.

"Sorry for the intrusion," Hawks said respectfully as he took off his boots to place next to yours.

You led Hawks to the living room and stood by the door. He wanted to go inside first, hoping that he'd get to meet Shigaraki. When he shut the door behind him, you didn't know what you would expect to happen. He told you to stay outside until he called you in, so you did.

The last time you were here, you let villains inside, they threatened you, made a deal and Dabi gave you a scar to remember all of it. You saw it every time you looked in the mirror, every time you would go in the shower and every time you would change into your hero costume. Every single one of your actions made you question if you were even doing the right thing.

Light came from the bottom of your bedroom door as you were lost in the thoughts and turmoil. You hesitatingly slid it open, only to realise you were fussing over nothing. Your bed was made, pillows still fluffed and clothes were still neatly folded and hung up in your closet. Everything was still in place like how you left it when you moved into UA's dorms. Wanting time alone, you turned to slide the door close.

You never got the chance to.

On the nearest wall was a picture of you and Bakugou was printed from the now-deleted article. Instead of it behind pinned by a thumbtack, a knife was dead centre on it, blade slashing both of your faces like on a hit list.

Your eyes widened, instantly yanking it out so that the picture would fall and your heart rate would decrease. In all honesty, you expected it but it still came as a shock. Then, you heard the faintest of footsteps behind you. Tightening your grip on the knife, you quickly turned around and pointed it to the person's neck, the sharp point making a small cut just between their collar bones, a single staple falling to the floor.

Put on an act.

"My room was off-limits, Dabi," you sighed, pulling away the knife and throwing it towards the far corner of your room. "Why are you here?"