43 | CALM TO PANIC

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
'calm to panic'

You were now in the Kyushu District. From the other side of the road, you heard a man yell something. You didn't catch it.
But what you did catch was him opening his robe in front of a company building.

"Did that guy just—"

Oh shit... my eyes...

"I wouldn't look," Hawks said. He used his hand to turn your chin away from the shameful man, resulting in you not seeing who he was.

You then heard the man fall then came the passerby's whispers. You blinked profusely, shaking your head to get that— embarrassing image out of it.

"Endeavour, what kind of food do you like?" The blond asked. "The hot pot from that place is really good. You can really taste the flavour of the chicken."

"Does that not count as cannibalism?" You joked.

"HEY! I'm a 'hawk'! The hero name! I would've called myself chicken if I was one."

"Mhm... whatever you say."

You looked around you, noticing that a dog was about to cross a road when a bus was coming its way. Stepping forward, you brought your hands together to use your quirk. But Hawks held his arm in front of you, telling you that he had it covered.

"How about you, Epochary? Do you like yakitori? Yoritomi's liver skewers are addicting."

"You guys can choose, I just tagged along after all." Around the three of you, people started to point out the presence of the top two heroes. You nudged Hawks a little, "fans are looking at you."

"Oh? They are?" He faced the people while also helping an old lady carry her suitcase up some stairs, "Hello!"

They all started to gather around the three of you, splitting you and Endeavour from Hawks. You looked towards Endeavour and the fans that gathered around him. One boy looked up at him was contemplating to ask for his autograph.

Without a word, he turned and strutted towards him, holding his hand out. "You don't have to hold back."

"This isn't right..." the boy nervously said. "Endeavour doesn't do fan service! Being hard to get is what makes him cool!"

He then started to run around, crying out how Endeavour has changed. You pursed your lips together, holding in a chuckle. "You scare them, Endeavour-san. You should be more... social and less... daunting..." you suggested.

"It wasn't right?" Endeavour asked. "I was able to do it naturally with that kid from Shiketsu, though..."

You stood next to him, breathing out as your laugh quickly disappeared like the fan did. "Hmm... You don't usually pay attention to your fans, so his reaction is normal. I think."

A girl walked to you, tugging on your hand. "Um... excuse me?"

Looking down, you leaned down a bit to hear her. "Hey. What can I do for you?"

"You were at the U.A. sports festival this year, Sasaki-san... right?" You nodded in response, then she held out a notebook. "Can you sign this please? I am a fan of yours!"