28 | HER NIGHTMARE

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
'her nightmare'

You were stood in the middle of a building, sat on a chair above a sea of people. The moment you took a closer look, the more your heart pounded in your ear. You stood up and walked down the stairs.

It wasn't real, but you felt like it did.

The sounds of your bare feet sticking and then coming off the cold and stained marble ground echoed in your ear. Your heavy breathing formed small clouds of warm air to float from your mouth to dissipate into the atmosphere.

Silhouettes of people were around you, only the eyes watching and visible as you walked through the parted path to a doorway. Their whispers were incoherent. When you left that room, you entered another.

"Dad?"

He didn't move from his tall, stood up posture. Sir Nighteye stared at you, or something behind you.
You turned around and saw the people you feared most, the ones you didn't admit that haunted your mind and thoughts in your darkest hours, villains who you've met in person and shook your soul.

Overhaul.

Shigaraki.

All for One.

They walked past you, giving you no glance or signals to show that they even heard you. Their heavy footsteps made the ground crumble and crack from beneath their feet.

You tried to use the technique you've used over your years. It failed.
You tried to use the move you've learnt with Shoto.
It failed.

Your quirk wasn't even there anymore. When you put your hands together to help you activate your quirk, they went through each other. You were like a ghost.

When you turned back around, you wished you stayed in the previous place even more.

Your eyes widened and your palms became clammy.

"Katsuro? Bakugou?"

Your son's eyes were puffy and red. He didn't hear you either. Stains from his tears ran from his eyes to the bottom of his round chin and fresh ones dropped from his tear ducts to the floor.

Bakugou's expression was mortified. His hair was flat and his hero suit was torn. His grenade gauntlets were cracked and he had dried blood down his forehead.

You started to run to them.
You started to shout at them.
You were hoping that your voice would reach them before the villains did.

Overhaul extended his hand to you father.

Shigaraki reached his five fingers to Bakugou's neck.

All for one stood behind Katsuro and stretched out his large hand over his head, covering the surface like a claw.

You screamed and yelled for them to move. And at the final second they said your name.

But by the time they said that, stone impaled your dad, Bakugou was turned to dust and Katsuro's head was crushed by All for One. Then they fell.