78 | CHANGES

CHAPTER SEVENTY-EIGHT
'changes'

Mitsuki was the only one awake in the house. You were told that Masaru had a long day and was sleeping heavily upstairs.

She offered you tea to help you rest easier later. "Katsuki tells me you have trouble sleeping. I made you this, you have to drink all of it."

You did so, finding it disrespectful if you didn't.

Mitsuki was never edgy whenever you spent time with her. Even if you only met her a couple of weeks ago, she always found a way to make you feel comfortable.

"If it's not an inappropriate question, I was wondering why you would be awake at this time?" You asked, placing the mug down on the coaster. "I was surprised when you answered Uncle Might's message."

She grinned and turned the tv on, cursing at how the news was always first to come up. She said something like the negative things always put a damper on watching movies.

"I don't know if Katsuki told you, he doesn't tell me anyway, but I know he has trouble sleeping too. I stock up on things that help you guys sleep healthily and I've been the one sending those packages of teas for your class."

That was heartwarming. You didn't know what to say.

"That girl, Yaoyorozu I think her name is, orders them from me for everyone and I make sure to send a separate pack for Katsuki. Izuku brings them to him secretly."

"The little boxes in his room are teas?" Maybe you saw them but didn't pay much attention because it would usually be dark unless you both were focused on homework. "Woah."

"Yeah." Her grin faded into a sad one. "He worries me sometimes... a lot more recently. I'm pretty sure I'm the reason why he has such a strong exterior. But it's almost as though I pushed myself away from him... ah. What am I saying? Drink the tea, [name]-chan. You'll feel better."

You smiled softly at Mitsuki. "You're a great parent, Mitsuki-san. I know Katsuki thinks so too."

"Finally," she breathed out. "First name basis. When did that happen?"

"The day we met you, after you dropped us off in the city."

"Thank fuck. I thought he'd never get the courage to tell you!" She got up and jogged to the shelves, coming back with multiple photo books. "Let me show you, 'Katsuki's memories'. I promise it'll be funny."

(I can't find the artist, but if you do, please tell me! Look how cute baby kacchan is!)