26 | TIME CONTROL

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
'time control'

You were in the library after school hours looking for books on quirks.

After a few hours, you realised there wasn't much information on time quirks and time travel, which made your life harder than it already was.

Alternatively, you could always just test his quirk using training schemes you did as a child. "That'll go shit," you thought out loud.

"[name]. Language."

You shook your head and turned to the voice who disturbed the quiet. You smiled at him.

"Hi Shoto."

"Hi [name]."

The red and white-haired boy joined you as you were buried in the books.

He saw on one of the tables that you were researching quirks related to your own. You had told him a few days ago about Katsuro's quirk and he didn't know how to react to it because it was unheard of.

Unlike time quirks, fire-related quirks are varied and spread out throughout Japan. If he had something to ask about his quirk, he could ask his father (if he wanted to) or his sidekicks.

Shoto felt bad for you and he wanted to everything to help. He stood above you and reached for the shelves you couldn't reach. He handed into you and lead you to the armchairs that faced each other.

"How long have you been here?" He asked you.

You pulled your phone out, turned it on and then put it back in your blazer pocket. "Around two hours-ish... and I haven't found anything."

He handed you the book he picked off of the shelf. "You mentioned that Katsuro-kun's was a mutation of your family quirk? This book is about quirk mutations."

"This was on the top shelf?"

Shoto nodded. "Your little self wouldn't be able to reach even if you had a stepping stool."

You brought your hand to your chest, being sarcastically offended. "Ouch..."

"Was that a good joke?" He curiously asked. Shoto wasn't one for telling jokes. He was more an introvert to others, but to you, he would be more open and talkative. "I'm sorry if I offended you."

"It was good, don't worry." You opened the book he gave you and scanned the contents page. "You're learning!"

"That's good then..." Shoto said. He relaxed into the leather armchair.

He thought that if he told more jokes, you'd be less cautious around him. He was friends because of who you were and he felt as though you were hiding another side to yourself to look respectful towards him.

You and Shoto spent around another half hour together skimming through the books in hope to find a good and satisfactory answer to the possible time quirk drawbacks.

Shoto would help you out but reading through the books you've already read just in case you missed something and he would help you reach the ones on the higher shelves.