62

Alexa, play High for this by The Weeknd.

Chapter Sixty Two
________________

Once Harry's words escaped his precious lips, it's like the large bubble of sorrowing emotions that was hidden deep inside of him bursted. The white part of his eyes turned red and those green irises held no vibrancy anymore. What he's displaying right now is the look of pain... suffrage... dispair— emotions that I would've never guessed was being concealed by a bad attitude and a reckless temper.

"I knew what truly happened to me when I couldn't remember anything the next day. I just didn't want to believe that a woman would be that... desperate that they'd take advantage of me whilst I was under the influence." Harry continued, his voice cracking as he explained how he felt in that moment. "I even asked Zayn the next day and he seemed to believe that we just shagged and that was it but... I couldn't understand how I couldn't remember."

"So... Zayn doesn't know that you were..."

"No," Harry confirmed, brushing the tip of his nose with the use of his index finger. I inhaled a deep and shaky breath as I reached my hand out to hold his, entangling our fingers. "He didn't suspect it at all because of what guy I've always... pretended to be."

Pretend?

"What do you mean pretend?" I asked him, leaning my head low to make eye contact but he kept ashamedly looking elsewhere.

"Darling, can we talk about this another day?" Harry sniffed, finally gazing at me with glossy irises. It wasn't hard to notice how hard he was trying to keep himself together in this moment after having that short break down when he revealed that he had already known about Janet abusing him.

I have so many more questions, but I'd be wrong to pressure him into answering them and ruining the night by speaking on his dysfunctional past although he politely asked to not talk about it. It's just hard having to act like this was never brought up and confirmed.

"Okay, I'll let it go..." I started, lightly shrugging my shoulders uncomfortably. "But let me apologize for not telling you that I've known about it. I first found out when you were in the hospital and I didn't want to bring you more issues considering your condition. Yes, I had other times to tell you, but they were never good times. I'm so sorry, H."

I fought my tears, knowing that this wasn't my time to have them rolling down my face. It's Harry that should.

"Don't worry about it, okay? I understand how hard that was and I don't blame you for anything nor am I angry for how you went by the situation. I rather you have told me earlier if it was truly affecting you, but at the same time... I get it."

A smile curled up on my lips and I tilted my head to the side, noticing so much growth in the man in front of me. I puckered my lips as I leaned forward then felt the electricity between us intensify when our lips reunited for the second time tonight.

"You don't know how wonderful that is to hear." I admitted, still fairly close to his face. "I love you, okay?"

"I love you," Harry responded, a dimple indenting in his cheek. "And thank you for accepting me."

Harry

Sitting through the dinner with Danielle had to be the most nerve wrecking thing in my entire fucking life. I tried my best to keep my mood at ease, not wanting to ruin the night or witness her pity me more than she already was. I can't say that I didn't expect this conversation to come up, but I was surprised to hear about the way she found out.