60

This GIF has nothing to do with the chap lol

Chapter Sixty
_____________

Danielle.

When I woke up the next morning, I looked over to the other side of my bed and found myself gazing at an empty space where I assumed Harry would be laying with his red lips parted as heavy breaths escaped after every obnoxious snore that was hearable from a mile away. My heart fell down to my stomach and the thought of Harry passing out whilst under Zayn's roof frightened me.

Before thinking the worst which included Janet or another women, I searched through the rooms in the house before checking the backyard but seen no sign of Harry. Different assumptions ran through my mind as I tried to figure out where he could be or why he isn't here and it went on for hours.

I sat home most of the day with my phone in my hand, awaiting for his name to pop up on my screen whilst padding my feet around the house to keep me occupied—mostly making sure that there weren't any intruders because of the fear that built underneath my skin from when I'm home alone.

I'm not entirely used to being home by myself for longer than four hours because if one of my parents weren't here, the other one was. And if both wasn't, then either my teacher was here or Janet, which would only last for a short period of time because my parents never thought it'd be a good idea to leave me alone with Janet, assuming that she'd throw a party and wreck the house that my mother spent her precious time decorating.

I called Gemma when the sun started to set, in hopes that she'd give me some answers for Harry's disappearance but she hadn't heard from him either. Thirty minutes after talking to her over the phone, she abruptly showed up to my house after leaving Lauren with her grandfather for the day.

Gemma told me that she didn't bother telling her father about Harry's disappearance because she didn't want him to worry, which is odd because according to Harry... Pastor Styles doesn't care for his son like he's supposed to.

I haven't been able to just sit and relax without thinking of Harry. Ever since his incident, I've felt the need to watch over him and protect him knowing that I'm obviously too weak to shield a twenty-one year old. I just rather not see him hurt or even die, but we all know how impossible that'll be with Zayn still around.

Zayn doesn't care about anyone. He doesn't care about Harry's health or his life in general— what kind of friend is that? Zayn knows that he's taking a big risk when he's indulging these drugs, so why is he giving them out to others? So they can suffer? So their family can suffer? I don't agree with that at all.

I understand that Harry's life hasn't been the easiest and you'd think Zayn would understand that, too, and not pressure him with drugs as a cure for Harry's pain; it's deeper than that. Harry hasn't been loved or cared for properly and that's all he needs. He's been portrayed by his own father for christ sakes and someone who he thought was better than she is.