42

PLEASE DON'T COMPARE MY BOOK TO AFTER!!! THANKS! Carry on...

Chapter Forty Two
________________

Approaching the restaurant, my stomach tied itself in a knot. My appearance wasn't an issue for me because I blissfully fell in love with the young woman I saw in the mirror, but what bothered me the most is Harry's reaction when he finally laid eyes on me. Will he like what he sees?

Gemma put in a lot of effort to make me look good whilst trying to console me at my worst time. She seen how I got treated first hand and she understood more than I expected her to since she's never had to deal with something like this.

She had her mother for a shorter period of time than neither one of them wanted but as I've been told, their mother was the best things that had ever happened to them. She cared, she was loving— she was everything that you could ever dream of. Well, that's if you have a mother like mine, of course.

The sight of an outdoor restaurant caught my attention. It wasn't the most elegant place, thankfully, but many people were dressed in attire similar to mine. Small lights hung above the area and it reminded me of something off a movie, illuminating the area with a dim tone.

I smiled towards the area where people danced directly in front of the bar, tapping their feet against the ground and rooting each other as they moved their bodies with the beat. The dancing wasn't too crazy, it was simply friends having fun and I envied them.

My uber announced that we had arrived, meaning it was time for me to meet with Harry. I tipped the man three dollars before opening the car door and exiting the vehicle. I sighed to myself and gazed at the area once more before taking small strides towards the entrance.

Gemma told me once I met with receptionist in the front, I had to tell them I already had a table with someone under the name of Harry Styles. She made that very clear for me.

"How can I help you?" The woman asked me with big curly hair that looked softer than a pillow itself and a welcoming smile. I don't know if it was the lipstick but her teeth were extremely white.

"Um, I have, uh.." I found myself becoming nervous. I've never done this before. Normally, when it came to dinners I had my parents to do this part. "My... friend is already here." I told her awkwardly.

She chuckled towards my awkwardness. "Can I have this friends name?"

"Oh! Um... his name is Harry. I mean: Styles— Uh, Harry Styles, yes." I choked, feeling my throat drying up.