27

You ready?

Chapter Twenty Seven
__________________

Danielle

The next morning came, and it wasn't the easiest task getting up. My brain failed to stop thinking about Harry and the women I caught him with the night prior, so I didn't receive much sleep.

My parents were already out with everyone else and surprisingly, they allowed me to get some rest. I never had this issue before, so I assumed that they would question me on oversleeping but they didn't.

They just left me a letter saying that they'll be on the boat canoeing with everyone else, but made sure to add the fact that I needed to be there for the next activity.

The pain in my heart continued to be harder to bare as I sat in place, reflecting and playing with the ends of my braid. The tightness of the pigtail didn't make the situation any better for me.

I know I shouldn't be entirely mad because I'm the one who lied in his face to anger him, but was it really necessary to go out and play with some other girl?

Who was it anyways? Because all of these girls that surrounded us at a church were around my age or younger and I'm more than positive that Harry wouldn't do anything illegal.

Well— in the U.K it's legal, but we're not there. We're in Seattle, where the legal age is eighteen.

My righteous mind knew it wasn't the best idea to dwell on who he was kissing and why because all it'd do is sour up my mood for the day. Harry and I aren't fooling around anymore, so I need to focus on other things and get through this week with no problems.

And this isn't a good way to start it off.

Grabbing my bag, I removed my outfit for the day,  some undergarments for my shower and my tooth brush. Luckily, everyone's already used the showers, so I'll have them to myself.

I slide my shower sandals on before exiting the tent. The cold breeze rushed past me, causing goosebumps to form on my light skin. Which reminded me to go back and get my sweater.

When I came back out, my eyes gazed towards the lake. Many children and adults covered their skin in thick coats, splashing water onto one another while laughing. The cold air obviously doesn't stop them from having fun.

After a short walk, I finally made it to the showers. There were metal walls that connected to five other showers and they each had a green shower curtain. Last year, the showering thing was a bit different since we had to bring our own portable showers.

As the years went by, the church raised money to build showers in the area but it wasn't as easy as it sounds. It took a while before the mayor agreed to allow the renovation.

When I arrived to the showers, there was one person occupying one of them but it didn't bother me since they were already inside and it was only a single being.

I mentally cheered in my head as I took out my braids. God knows how much I dislike taking showers at the camp grounds because of the lack of privacy; Both men and women shared the same showers and that didn't sit right with me.