48

You're fucking welcome.

Chapter Forty Eight ________________

Chapter Forty Eight
________________

Devotion: love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person, activity, or cause.

Harry

Barging through Zayn's front door, his alerted eyes and raised eyebrows landed on me while in the midst of cleaning up the mess that was created last night. The place was a shit show as usual and something about it made my blood boil even more.

The car ride to Zayn's felt longer than the Nile river. Every light stayed red for what seemed like ten minutes, the cars in front of me drove slow as fuck and I almost crashed a couple of times.

My hands kept clenching onto the steering wheel when Danielle's words ran through my mind about loyalty and the image of the mark on her lower stomach kept coming back to me, making my anger grow immensely. Why would she keep that away from me? And how was it for our own good when she was a victim of abuse.

Her mother's devilish ways were revealing itself the more the years went by. I'd expect her to be a changed women after all this time, but she has only gotten worse. Although I never favored her, I never thought she'd ruin her family in this way.

But as of right now, I can't help but assume that Danielle deserved it. I'm aware that I might be wrong for thinking that, but I don't really give a shit at this point. She went too far by bringing my mother into the argument that could've went a different way than it did.

Danielle suddenly snapped on me, which I seen coming when I noticed her knuckles turning white and her hands shaking. I've never seen her react in that way, so it took me by shock to watch Danielle's anger grow before my eyes.

A lot has changed about her since two months ago. Her attitude has been over the roof and her delivery skills aren't the best. Of course, I thought about addressing it but I decided against it considering the fact that she is dealing with things at home and I'm not even great at keeping my temper at ease.

I want her to go back to the old Danielle who was happy, understanding, talkative, awkward, shy but open minded in a good way that didn't make you feel like... this afterwards. Danielle knew the meaning of thinking before you spoke, but it seemed that those things has been pushed to the back of her head.

I don't know who's really to blame in this situation because we both were wrong, yet, she initiated the situation poorly. I automatically knew something was wrong when I first walked through her bedroom door because the energy in the room felt off, especially when she would barely even look me in my eyes.

Danielle is big on eye contact when she becomes comfortable with you, whether it's sexual or just simply having a conversation so it made my heart sink when my eyes didn't lock with her grey irises that caused the inside of my body to melt.