18

Should I change his age to 20 instead of 21?

Chapter Eighteen
______________

My parents weren't home when I made it back to my house, still. I was thankful for it, though, because I didn't have to deal with millions of questions being passed my way.

I needed time to think about everything, anyways. So being home alone right now was a huge weight lifter for me. I wouldn't have anyone interrupting my thoughts or barging in my room with a reminder.

Harry spoke of my mother as if she was a malicious human being and I didn't like that.. at all. She can be hard to deal with, but once you get to know her your mindset changes and I know that from witnessing it.

It was never easy for my father to bring his friends around her because she wasn't quite fond of meeting new people all of the time, so she'd distance herself until she felt comfortable or she'll force my father to hang out with them outside of our home.

Once time she told me that she was strict on bringing new people into our lives because my safety was more important than anything else, and I actually believed it until now.

She's kept a lot of things from me, but she's not the only one to blame. My father also played a big part on me not having a social life or just knowing the human reproductive system.

When my professor comes to introduce me into new work, he never gives me anything based on health— well, he does.. just not the human body.

Everything I've learned in my life that didn't come from my professor or parents came from Janet, the internet and now Harry.

If it wasn't for the internet or Janet, I wouldn't know how to please a man, myself or just know the simple things that comes with sexual intercourse. Hell, before I knew Janet.. I didn't even know women had periods.

Obviously, I was a late bloomer with everything.

My period barely decided to come just a couple of months ago before I turned eighteen— most embarrassing day of my life.

Luckily, I was at church and my mother was around to help me when my panic mode came into play. All I remember was seeing blood and nearly having a panic attack in the bathroom.

I felt ashamed when I came clean about it to Janet. I expected her to laugh at me or tell me how dumb I was, but it was the complete opposite.

Since she knew how my parents were, she understood my lack on knowledge on us women having a menstrual cycle and informed me on what to buy, how to ease my cramps and much more.