23

Chapter Twenty Three__________________

__________________

Danielle

"Have you been paying attention, Miss Schneider?"

"Huh?" My eyes snapped up to meet my professor's gaze.

You could tell that he was getting irritated with me after trying to get my attention during the whole session. My mind has been elsewhere and I couldn't seem to focus on my work when images of Harry spanking me kept replaying in my head.

I haven't seen or spoken to him since Monday and I hate that we always go days without talking or seeing each other, but when we do... it's like we never parted.

My mother decided to give me my phone back after I explained how dinner went with Liam, which she was ecstatic to converse about. Apparently, my father didn't know about the date until he caught me and my mother talking about it.

He wasn't mad about it, though. He just felt like we should've made him aware that his daughter was going out with a boy.

A whole argument erupted after that.

My mother started to go off on my father, explaining that I was eighteen years old and I don't have to tell him anything about what's going on in my life. I was taken by utter surprise, and so was my father.

The argument went on until my father just gave in and told her what she wanted to hear, which was.. 'You're right, my apologies, darling.'

He then left us in the room to continue gossiping, but talking to her about the date became harder because I didn't understand where all of this was coming from.

My father didn't deserve the treatment he received from her— it was unfair. As a father, regardless of my age, he does have the right to ask me who I'm dealing with, especially if this is my first date.

But that's besides the point.

Since I've had my phone, I've waited on Harry to send me a text or at least give me his number, so we could talk on the phone but it had yet to happen.

I don't want to believe that he's been using me, but.. How can I not when he always does things like this after every sexual encounter.

"Okay," Professor Lawrence started as he closed the large textbook. "What's going on?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, acting confused.

He removed his glasses off of his face and placed them on the table. "I'm not stupid. Normally, you're able to understand things in a blink of an eye without any repeats. Right now, you're doing the complete opposite. This isn't you."

Everything he's saying is true. I haven't been able to focus because of Harry consuming my mind and my mother's behavior that continues be strange to me.