34

What would you guys like to see happen next!?

Chapter Thirty Four
_________________

Danielle

Everything around me was turning dark before my eyes. The arguments between my parents have increased and the abuse on my father wasn't getting any better— hell, I witnessed her slap him across his face for agreeing with me on something so damn little during dinner. I couldn't understand what was happening and why it was happening.

In my room is where I thought the most and wondered what the cause was for my mother's anger towards us. She only spoke to us when she needed something done and every time her mouth opened, it wasn't a pleasant sound.

My mother sounded disgusted and upset for absolutely no reason, in my opinion. I had no knowledge on anything that included my parents' marriage, but I hoped that nobody was stepping out.

Adultery is brought up in the Bible which states, 'Thou shalt not commit adultery.' My parents would talk about it all the time when I was younger, saying how bad it was to do, so I want to believe that they're doing the right thing.

But what else could be the reason for this sudden change in them? Are they no longer compatible for each other? Are they falling out of love?

If that's the case, pretending to be happy and abusing each other mentally, physically and verbally isn't the answer.

My grandmother, which is my mother's mom, decided to come visit us a couple of days after she took my phone from me. I desperately wanted to tell my grandmother the things that have been going on but my mom didn't allow us to be alone together for even a second and that irritated my grandmother.

She ended up having to leave sooner because of a disagreement they had that ended with my mother stating that she wanted nothing to do with her mom anymore and that she wasn't welcomed at her house.

It shattered my heart to see my mother treat my grandmother in that way since she's big on having respect for elder people, but I guess that was a lie. It pained me the most to know that there was nothing I could say or do to help my grandmother. She didn't deserve any of the treatment she received.

Things weren't so easy on my hand, either.

My mother found out that I had social media and seen my call log that had Harry's name in it. She was highly disappointed in me for keeping the secret from her, but how was I supposed to tell her when everything's always a 'no.' She doesn't make me feel comfortable being open with her whatsoever, so what did she expect?

Her anger wasn't much towards the snapchat app, it was towards Harry. Something about him triggers a nerve inside of her that causes her to explode and I still haven't found out why. Her excuse is always his age or the way he carries himself, which I don't see a problem in.