2

Chapter Two___________

Chapter Two
___________

Wednesday had arrived in a blink of an eye, meaning that there was only two days left before my eighteenth birthday. Still, I was not excited about it. My mother has been a constant nag when it came down to the planning part of it.

After service on Sunday, she invited everyone from the church to dinner at my house Friday evening, which most of the adults agreed to because a teenager or child's party always turns into an adult party.

I know that from experience.

There will be water set out for the underaged and wine set out for the adults that'll be gone before the night ends. However, one of my best friends, Janet, was ecstatic about me turning eighteen because in her eyes she believes that being legal meant freedom.

Janet and I met around my junior year in high school. She was the rebellious friend that constantly got me in trouble, while I was the innocent teenager that actually followed the rules. My parents hated our friendship for the longest because of how Janet carried herself.

She's the true definition of not giving a F.

Everything her parents told her not to do, she did. She wore small shorts, little skirts, crop tops, rock band shirts, she did drugs, she drunk alcohol, went to parties.. the list goes on for days. But soon enough, her parents stopped caring just like her and allowed her to do what ever she wanted. They weren't religious like my parents, so the rules wasn't as harsh like mine.

"So, do you know what you're going to wear?" Janet asked excitedly as she pounced around my room.

"Um.. the same thing I'm always forced to wear; a white button up with a shirt underneath and my plaided skirt." I said, basically explaining the outfit I'm already wearing.

"Boo! You're so lame, how about a dress?" She suggested and I widened my eyes as the thought of my parents striking me down after seeing me in that attire.

"No, it's not happening. It's bad enough my parents limit how much I hang with you."

"That's bullshit, you know? Like.. you're about to be eighteen." Janet stated and I passed her a I know facial expression.

"They don't care about that at all. To them, I'm their innocent seventeen year old daughter." I mocked my parents, rolling my eyes.

"Well, are you?" She smirked and I playfully tapped her arm.

"Yes, I have to be."

"Do you even look at boys?" Janet asked and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"No.. I'm homeschooled, now. How in the world would I look at guys?"

"When you go out, when you're on the internet— there's many ways, Danielle."