47

Two updates in one day? Yeah... dat way

Chapter Forty Seven__________________

Chapter Forty Seven
__________________

The next day came and I was beyond grateful for the heavy rain that fell down from the grey sky, which started when Harry and I returned home after almost getting caught by his father who seemed very surprised to see the Schneider's daughter at his church outside of the open hours.

It confused him the most when Harry appeared behind me and it made sense for him to feel that way because Pastor Styles knew that Harry hated everything about the church and that left us with many questions being thrown our way.

In our defense, I told the pastor that Harry dropped me off over here to find him, so we can talk about the next Bible study that we haven't had in some time. He ended up believing me, but it didn't stop him from being suspicious on the relationship between me and his son.

He allowed us to leave without further question when Harry showed him attitude then rolled a curse word off his tongue and that right there made Pastor Styles become livid before practically throwing his son out of his church.

For the rest of the night, I ignored Harry. I was angry with him and I wanted to prove to him that actions like those won't be tolerated anymore because the guilt that rested in the pit of my stomach tore me apart last night. I can't even count how many times I begged for forgiveness.

I woke up about two hours ago after tossing and turning throughout the night and decided to start my morning off with a cup of hot chocolate while reading short stories from my literature book. I knew today my professor was coming over and I hadn't even did my assignment he gave me due to me joining Harry for dinner.

Although the night ended with me being in a bad mood, I actually enjoyed myself and I'd spend time with him again if he isn't planning on having me doing things on his fathers desk as a source of punishment.

I almost gave into Harry when he begged for me to talk to him right before I went off to bed, but I made sure to keep my guard up because I didn't want to prove that he was right about me talking to him although I said otherwise.

My phone buzzed on my dresser and I looked up while snatching my glasses off my face before putting the large book to the side and standing up from the small bench I had besides my window.

Grabbing my phone from the dresser, I scanned the screen that read Janet in bold letters with a picture of us right behind it. I haven't talked to her in a while and I feel bad for it because she doesn't deserve to get shut out the way she does.

I clicked the green button on the screen before bringing the phone up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Danielle? What the fuck! I've been trying to get in contact with you for two weeks!?" She shouted into the phone.