25

Chapter Twenty Five _________________

Chapter Twenty Five
_________________

"Would you stop doing that?"

I paused my foot tapping movement against the vibrant grass, looking over at my mother who seemed to be agitated at this point. Ever since earlier today, I've been on the edge of my seat about Harry sitting next to Liam, someone he clearly despises. Tapping my foot has been the only thing that kept my nerves at ease.

Harry's gaze met mine almost every time I glanced his way, and a devilish smirk would grow on his face. It angered me how there was nothing I could do to prevent this situation. I thought of going up to the two, but who knows what they might've discussed already.

"Danielle, why don't you go greet Liam?" My mother spoke up, taking me by surprise. Did she read my thoughts?

"Um... no, thanks. He seems to be pretty occupied at the moment." I told her, scratching the back of my neck. My nerves are beginning to rise again and the heat from the sun didn't ease the warmth growing under my skin.

"Don't be silly... go talk to him! He's leaving to college after this trip, so spend time with him as much as you can." She advised, patting my back.

I sighed then stood up from the chair, patting down my skirt with the palms of my hands. "I won't be long."

As I began to stride towards the two boys, my palms clammed up and my insides shook. What I said to Harry sounded good for the moment since I was mad at him, but I didn't expect everything to turn out this way.

I expected Harry to fall back and leave me alone for the rest of the trip with no issues, but it seems that there's always a way for us to come back together whether it's good or bad.

If he told Liam, I'd have to deal with the embarrassment for a week straight and probably hide myself. I wouldn't be able to bare sitting in front of the two for hours.

When I got closer, Liam's brown eyes met mine and they lit up with surprise. It didn't take long before a smile grew on his face as he stood up from the chair. Harry's face twisted with confusion until he turned his head in my direction, understanding why Liam's demeanor changed.

I decided to act as if I didn't notice him sitting next to Liam, although he knew I did.

"Danielle! I was looking all over for you earlier this morning." Liam said, embracing me in a hug.

"Yeah.. we were a bit late." I told him while lightly laughing. "I didn't expect to see you here?"

"Oh, yeah, uh, I decided to stay for camp. But when it's all over... I'll be leaving— officially," He chuckled.

"Makes sense... well, my mother just told me to come by and tell you hello. I'll let you get back to your conversa—"

"Why don't you stay over here with us?" He nodded his head towards Harry, who stared us down with devious irises. "We were just talking about you."