26

What Harry sees when he thinks of her:

Chapter Twenty Six
_________________

Harry

My blood underneath my skin was rushing with heat after hearing the things that Danielle told me. I knew that she was only trying to make me mad and although I knew, I couldn't manage to push my feelings to the side.

It pissed me off because out of all people, she says Liam. The man that her mother ass kisses to the fucking fullest. I don't even know what she sees in the lad; he's weak and pitiful— he wouldn't be able to protect her even if his life depended on it.

When we sat next to each other, my plan was to get some information on their spectacular date that I didn't know too much about. Unfortunately, I kept getting distracted by Danielle, so it didn't work out in my favor.

Liam tried to make conversation but due to the fact that I despise him for attempting to snatch my Danielle away from me, it was hard. Although I wanted some intel, I couldn't find it in me to talk to this guy.

There were times when I noticed Danielle looking our way and her nerves were evident, so I took the chances to say little things to Liam. It was a fucked up game to play but she started it, so I had to finish it.

Later when she came over to us, I expected her to pull me to the side and talk. Instead, she wrapped her arms around Liam's torso, burying her face into his neck. My fists balled in an instant— I was ready to knock somebody's head off.

I stared at her in hopes that Danielle would look my way, but she didn't. She acted as if I didn't even exist... and she did it well.

Tonight, everyone gathered around the bonfire and I just knew I wasn't joining in. My mood had been ruined and if someone even looked at me the wrong way, I'd flip out. So staying inside the tent was the best option for me.

"Are you coming?" My sister asked me with Lauren on her hip.

"No. I'm gonna just stay in for tonight." I told her, sending a text to Zayn about the next party coming up. "You might as well stay in, too. They started fifteen minutes ago."

"Well, that's because Lauren here decided to fall in a pile of mud and why aren't you coming? And why haven't you spoken to Danielle? Is something going on?" Gemma asked with worry in her eyes.

When I didn't give her a response and went back to typing away on my phone, I heard Gemma sigh and tell my niece to go out there with her grandpa. Lauren complained for a bit, stating how she wanted me— her uncle— to attend, but Gemma assured her that I'd be there, which was a lie.

"You didn't have to lie to her." I stated in a groan. Gemma knows how much I hate when they lie to Lauren about things.

"You know how much she loves you. I couldn't tell her the truth." She explained. "What's going on?"