Birthday Surprise (PT 7)

I can't believe it, Erza and I actually won the lasertag game! Team NaLu was second and Team GrUvia was third. I kind of feel bad for team GaLe...They argued a lot!

"Hey Mira! Are we going to give our presents now?" Jellal asked looking out the window. It was  5 o'clock and getting dark.

"Yep! Erza was on a job with Lucy and Levy and as soon they get back, we'll celebrate!" Mira Jane said with a smile.

The guild hall was decorated, with banners that read 'Happy Birthday' and 'Happy Engagement'. 

Wait! Happy engagement?

"Mira Jane Strauss!!" Jellal yelled, his face tinted with pink. "Take that banner down!"

The bartender sighed sadly, "I was hoping you wouldn't notice..."

Jellal walked to the kitchen, checking his strawberry cake for the seventh time. Then he heard a little yelp.

"Erza's here!" Happy said flying in from the window.

"Minna! Get your gifts and line up!" Mira Jane said running around and straightnening up the line.

Levy and Lucy quickly entered the guild and closed the door. "She's coming in reallly soon," Lucy whispered.

"Like 30 seconds," Levy added.

The scarlet haired mage walked into the guild.

"Surprise!" the guild shouted happily.

Jellal had to bite his lip to keep from laughing when he saw that the Titania was not the least bit surprised.

She's always been that way..

Jellal picked up his cake, but something made him gasp in schock. 

His cake was burnt! A black lump of charcoal.

"Natsu!" Jellal growled.

"Huh! Oh...About that...I kind of accidentally burned it while fighting Gray.." Natsu said, his eyes full of fear. "I'm really sorry! Please don't tell Erza! I'm only a teenager and I have a lot to live for!"

"Like Lucy?" Jellal mutted under his breath. 

"What?" Natsu asked.

"Hi, Jellal!" Erza said, running up to him and placing a kiss on his cheek. "Did you get me a birthday present?"

TO BE CONTINUED