A Darker Turn (PT 2)

"Nee-san," Lisanna whimpered. "Can you hear me?"

The whole guild was crowded around the sleeping Mira Jane.

"What if she never wakes up?" Natsu asked. "Will we never be able to continue our race?"

"That's not the point!" Lucy scolded.

"What attacked her?" Wendy whispered.

The doors flew open and Jellal entered, followed closely by Erza, Ultear, and Meredy.

"Kids these days," Porlyusica grumbled. "You nearly gave me a heart attack."

"Don't mind her," Erza told Jellal. "She's always grumpy."

Porlyusica whacked her on the head with her clipboard, "I'm not deaf, you know!"

Erza ignored her, "How's Mira?"

"Still asleep," Gray said, motioning toward the barmaid.

"We think we know what attacked her," Ultear announced, pausing dramatically.

"Well tell us already!" Natsu demanded.

"We think Zeref is causing trouble again," Meredy replied.

(A/N: I wrote this fanfiction before I finished Fairy Tail! Zeref is an absolute cutie, I get it. I didn't know before though, so I apologize.)

"Zeref?" Lucy gasped. "But he hasn't been causing trouble since last year!"

Jellal nodded, "Yes. But I'm certain it's him who's sending out those monsters."

"Monsters?" Master asked. "It was a monster who attacked her?"

"It's possible," Erza said. "Was Mira Jane alone when you found her?"

"Yes," Laxus said, nodding.

"What I don't understand is why they're attacking us," Ultear said. "In the middle of our race."

"Yeah..I mean Ul and I were winning.." Meredy giggled. "Unlike some people."

Jellal and Erza glared at them.

"Okay, listen up brats!" Master shouted. "Our Fairy Tail Fund Run is on hold. We need to defeat those monsters. That is our first priority," he said, narrowing his eyes at Natsu.

"I'm all fired up!" Natsu roared.

"Aye sir!" Happy agreed.

"Let's go!" Lucy said.

"Wait," Erza said. "I want everyone to stay in groups, no one will go searching for monsters on there own."

"I agree," Jellal whispered.

"Of course," Laxus muttered under his breath. "And we all know who your partner is going to be, Lover Boy."

"Shut up."

"Sure thing, Mystogan."

Jellal shook his head in dismay, "These people will never learn.."

He walked out of the infirmary with Laxus and Erza. The three mages headed down the road.

"I found Mira here," Laxus said, pointing to a spot under a tree.

"Scorch marks under the tree," Erza reported. "The monsters must have fire power."

"Or electric," Laxus added.

"Does Lahar know about the attack?" Jellal asked nervously.

Laxus shrugged, "I doubt it."

"Is there where Mira was found?" Meredy asked, walking over to the group.

Jellal nodded, "Yep."

"I feel like there's only one monster involved," Ultear commented.

"That would make life a whole lot easier!" Meredy said.

"Not nessecarily..What if the monster is huge?" Jellal retorted.

Meredy sighed, "Thanks a lot, Mr. Optimistic."

TO BE CONTINUED