S Class Mission (PT 1)

"I'm bored!" Jellal complained.

"Again?" Erza asked. "You're worse then Natsu!"

Jellal looked over his shoulder and watched Natsu throw a chair at Gray, except it missed and landed on Master. Makarov jumped up and started yelling at Natsu.

Jellal turned back around and raised an eyebrow at Erza.

"Fine, maybe not as bad.." Erza admitted.

"Want to go on a S Class mission?" he asked, getting up to look at the request board.

Erza nodded. "Yes, I forgot you're S Class."

"How about this one?" Jellal asked, unpinning a request.

"Find and destroy wyvern," Erza read aloud.

Jellal frowned,"Appears every midnight and vanishes without a trace. Reward is.."

"STRAWBERRY CAKE!" Erza said, a huge grin on her face.

Jellal chuckled. "I think they intended for you to take this job!"

Erza nodded, "The faster we finish, the faster we get cake!"

TIME SKIP------

Erza and Jellal were sitting in the Magnolia train, waiting for their stop in Hargeon. The two stared awkwardly at each other.

"Well..I never got to tell you this, but I was watching you defeat the 100 monsters during the Grand Magic games. I was impressed," he whispered.

Erza smiled, "You were watching me? But the Fairy Tail B team said you couldn't stay because Lahar was watching!"

"I watched from the Lacrima Orb," he responded.

Erza nodded. Silence took over their compartment once again.

"Next stop Hargeon! I repeat, next stop Hargeon!" a voice said over the loudspeaker. 

Jellal and Erza got up and stepped out the train, into the chilly and cold weather of Hargeon.

"Sencala Inn," Erza said, holding out the job request.

"That's probably it," Jellal said, pointing to the biggest building. "Not much to see. Hey! Isn't that Yajima-san's resteraunt. What was it called?"

"8-Island," Erza replied, as they walked over to the inn. "Team Natsu worked there for a couple days."

"Really? How did it go?" Jellal asked with a knowing grin.

"It was a disaster," she said with a smile, recalling the mess they had caused and mentally face-palmed.

They entered the shabby inn, and walked over to the counter.

"Fairy Tail wizards?" the old lady asked.

"Yes, we're here to solve the wyvern problem," Erza stated.

"Ah, yes! About time! Only 10% of our population have magic, so it is quite a problem. You're Erza Fernandes, right?" the lady asked.

"Yes-WAIT, WHAT DID YOU SAY?" Erza roared. The old lady chuckled.

"Sorry, I mean Scarlet. Erza Scarlet," the lady said. "I should have known."

The pink in Erza's cheeks faded and she calmed down. "Yes, and I brought my friend Jellal Fernandes."

"You mean brought you," Jellal retorted.

"Same thing!" Erza whispered. Jellal rolled his eyes.

"Perfect! The strawberry cake trick did work!" the lady squealed.

"Told you so," Jellal muttered to Erza under his breath.

"I do get my cake though, right?" Erza asked, her eyes full of concern.

"Yes, yes. Anyway, the wyvern seems to come from the cave at the end of Hargeon Park. Ever since the first attack, we decided to close the park down for safety reasons."

Erza nodded, "Okay, thank you. Can you we also rent a room for a day. Two beds okay? Two! T-W-O! Not one, TWO!! Erza said, thinking back to the time she had to share a bed with Jellal. Meredy and Ultear had teased her nonstop..

The old lady smiled," Of course, dear. I'll remember."

"Let's go and inspect the park," Jellal decided, as they left the counter and exited the inn.

TO BE CONTINUED