Prologue

This was it he was going to finally ask me out I thought while getting ready for the halloween party. Lorenzo is finally seeing me as more than a friend and is ready to make things official. Taking me out of the friend zone and finally into girlfriend Ville. After getting his invite a few weeks ago for my friends and I to come to his frat house for the halloween party of the year. The guys were only allowed to ask one special girl and a few of her friends to the party. Squealing at the thought of being deemed special I  finished putting on the last few touches to my Hocus Pocus make up and added a necklace to my outfit. I was Mary Sanderson it was a struggle to get my  locs to stay up the way they needed to but a lot of head bands and bobby pins later I was ready. I  was going to meet my two best friends at the party as they each dressed like the witches from the movie. Ginger was Winiferd Sanderson and Maria was Sarah Sanderson we were as close as sisters so why not. Getting to the party I  immediately went on a search for my friends finding Ginger first. "Sistahs" Ginger yelled over the blasting music at me causing others to stare at us. Laughing at that I rushed over dodging the grabby hands of drunken fools on the dance floor. "Where's Maria?" I asked her when she got close enough to her. 

Waving her hand towards the couch while taking a drink from her solo cup. Looking around in the room I couldn't spot her. "She's over there making out with Zoro."  Ginger yells in my ear. Okay so they were both defiantly drunk I thought. "Okay so what's the plan?" I asked.

"To party!" Grabbing my  hand she pulled me back onto the dance floor where we danced to all types of twerking music Cardi B and Megan where what played the most . I  had no clue how to twerk but shoulder work and jigging was still good. We danced for thirty minutes before I called it quits. " I need some water."

"There's no water here just beer." Ginger replied as we moved off the dance floor approaching the now alone Maria who was on her phone recording us. Catching up with each other for a little bit we decided to go to get a few beers and relax without so many sweaty bodies everywhere. Grabbing a few cold beers from the ice buckets on the kitchen counter we headed to the wide open back door. Seeing an empty couch that they probably drug out from the living room in order to make more space for dancing. Plopping down each of us toke a long pull from our beers. "Gosh what a good night." Maria says, "Have you and Lorenzo made it official yet?"

"Nope not yet I haven't seen him I wanted to find you guys first."

"Well you found us so you should now find him." Ginger chimed in, "Unless you secretly don't want to." Ginger never liked Lorenzo said he was a snake but I saw something different.

"No, I haven't changed my mind Ginger I'm just nervous. He will be my first real boyfriend not just a boy who's a friend."

"He should stay that way."  Ginger mumbled. Ignoring her comment I look at Maria. 

"Who was Zoro?"

"I have no clue I just wanted to kiss somebody." All three of us bursted out laughing. 

"You're so wild." I told her.

"And don't you forget it." Maria winks taking another long drink. Finishing off our beers we sat and just joked around with one another. After a while my bladder started knocking making it known it was time to go. Rushing to the bathroom I  relieved myself once I was done washing my hands I  gave myself a pep talk to find Lorenzo and get my new title that I had rightfully earned. Opening the door I went on a search to find him. Not finding him in his usual spots I went back to the back yard where I  was sure Maria and Ginger still sat. As soon as I  stepped in the doorway to go out side I saw him. Frozen in the door way I was racked with the emotions of heartbreak and betrayal. Right  in the middle of the backyard he stood as Prince Charming trying to kiss Maria. The slap Maria gave him was heard across the yard and Ginger was there to grab Maria and run.  Not wanting to be caught there and my friends knowing I saw it all. I  dipped behind the bushes once the coast was clear I  ran back inside and went back into the bathroom. Sliding down the now locked door I  curled into a ball and cried how could I  have been so stupid to believe I was his someone special. It will never be me guys only ever saw me  as their friend and  free therapist. How many classes had I  missed helping him with his alcoholic, abusive dad, helping him through the loss of his grandparents from that awful car crash, cooking meals for him when he was sick, taking unnecessary or needed classes to help him pass, helping him every time he was knocked down by life over and over again. I thought this was it I  thought  finally a guy really was interested in me and no one else. I really made myself believe that after all the things I had done for him he was finally seeing me. How pathetic am I?