Chapter Fifty Two

It's been a week since I discovered my true feelings for Caden.  Since then I have been preparing for our trip to visit my aunt in Hawaii and focusing on not passing out when I give my part of the presentation tomorrow. Sighing I grab a bag and sit it in front of the door for Caden to put in Gabe's SUV since he is  taking us to  the airport tomorrow. "What's wrong?" Caden asks me.

"Nothing I'm fine." 

Cocking his head to the side he gives me a once over, "You're not fine but you also don't want to talk about it." he states in a matter of fact tone. 

Folding my arms across my chest I give him a once over, "You're tired and in pain but refuse to let me help." He shakes his head grabbing the last bag and putting it in the trunk. Take that you're not the only one who can read body language. Walking back up to his room I plop down in his bed and open his laptop signing in to the student browser to see who would be presenting first. Luckily I am number four and Caden is number five so it all ties together. Closing his laptop I grab my book bag with all my notes and go over a few more things I added. Texting Ginger to meet me later in the living room to go over the notes and make sure it helped the flow of the presentation better. Caden comes in seeing me with my notebooks and his laptop he sits down next to me. Sliding my phone from my hands after I hit sent he places his hands on either side of my face tilting it up, "You know that your presentation is going to go great you and Ginger have gone over it so much."

"I know but public speaking is not my thing and I want to make sure this goes perfect."

"There is no such thing as perfect but you've prepared for any situation so breath." he says peeking my lips.

Placing my hands over his I nod my head. "I'll try not to freak out."

"You won't." he tells me placing a kiss on my forehead, "Not with me in the crowd just focus on me and it'll be fine."

"Okay." I whisper out.

"Now let's go eat before our friends eat all of Eleanors good cooking."

"What did she make today?"

"Chicken tenders, home made fries, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, and Mac and cheese." 

"She made all of that herself?" getting up, "she should have told me she knows I don't mind helping."

Shrugging he holds my hand as we walk down the stairs. "She likes doing things herself." bumping into me, "kind of like someone else I know."

Rolling my eyes at that we continue the rest of the way in silence. Making it to the kitchen, "Look who I had to pry away from her books." he announces.

Pushing away from him, "You're so annoying." I grumble out heading towards the table. Kissing me on the top of my head, "I've got to see doc I'll be back in about thirty." waving good bye to everyone snagging a chicken tender from Gabe's plate he leaves. 

"You got this Jade." Ginger tells me as I take a sit next to her. 

"It's your last final before you go off and relax at one of the finest reservations in Hawaii." Maria chimes in. "Just think about all the fun you're going to have."

"As much as I am excited to see my aunt I am honestly more nervous about the final." scooping up a large amount of mashed potatoes and piling the a large amount of chicken tenders and Mac and cheese on it as well as corn and green beans, "You guys know I hate public speaking and I don't have a partner to hide behind so it's all on me and what if I miss up?" ripping one of my chicken tenders in half and dunking it into the mashed potatoes. I stuff my face anxious at the thought of so many people starring at me and ridiculing my presentation. 

"Slow down before you choke on a piece of chicken." Gabe jokes.

Narrowing my eyes at him I flip him off. He smirks, "As flattered as I am Jade I am very sure Caden would prefer to be your first." Annoyance was quickly replaced with embarrassment grabbing my plate I rush out of there. "I'm going to finishing studying." I call out over my shoulder. God does everyone know I'm a virgin?  Hearing a smack and an ow from Gabe, "You're such a dumb ass why would you say that?" Maria tells him and proceeds to harshly criticize him. 

"You better be grateful he wasn't in here to hear you."

"Shit." their laughter is the last thing I hear as I continue my way back to Caden's room to study. I get into the groove of things and I am half way through my speech when someone knocks on the door. "Come in." I tell whoever places everything back so I can start over when they're done.

"Hey." Gabe says standing in doorway leaning against the door. 

"Hey." I respond to him, "what's up?"

Shrugging putting his hands in his pockets, "Just checking to make sure  you're not mad at me for my joke earlier."

Pausing in arranging my papers I look up at him, "I'm not mad Gabe... embarrassed,"  looking back down I glance at a few more papers and arrange them correctly, "maybe but I am not mad."

"Why are you embarrassed?" confusion laced throughout his voice.

Laughing bitterly, "I really don't want to get into that." 

"There is nothing wrong with being a virgin ya know?"

"There isn't?" putting my papers down, "because it sure does sound like it. Everyone everywhere seems to have already lost theirs and then there is me."

"I wouldn't say everyone a good majority yes but not everyone around the world."

Solemnly I nod my head,  "Maybe not." taking in a deep breath before I lost my nerves, "Does Caden complain about it to you?" I blurt out. Looking up to see his very shocked face made me laugh. "You don't have to answer it if you don't want to." lifting a shoulder, "I'm just curious."

Clearing his throat he closes the door behind him, "Caden hasn't said anything his not the type of guy to kiss and tell."

"I thought you said you walked in on him?"

"Well yeah I mean I've walked in but he doesn't dish out details." Running a hand over his head, "Caden is a very private person."

"So if he had a problem he wouldn't say anything." taking a breath, "At least not to you?"

Shaking his head, "No his a boxer."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning that he takes everything head on." patting my shoulder, "If he has a problem Jade he will talk to you about it himself, okay?"

"Okay." looking back at my papers, "Now go I've got to prepare for this final."