𝟎𝟔𝟏 - 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐞, 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐢 𝐬𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?

—

shoutout to EressCovington for making up like 50% of my reads, also sirenei for being cute and  slythercia bc she literally gives me half my ideas i'm useless without her

also ! last chapter !! i'll say it again !! nothing sexual will be happening in this book without consent. i don't like writing about sexual assault and harassment or rape, so whenever a characters ability to make decisions or give consent is taken away... you don't have to WORRY about them being taken advantage of.

if u were confused at all about what happened near the end of the last chapter, this chapter should clear some of it up

vote or im sad

SEPTEMBER 1st, 1996

The train ride to Hogwarts has never been this quiet.

Blaise and Celeste are gone, off to some Slug Club meeting hosted by the man who is apparently supposed to be our new Potions professor, leaving Pansy and I alone in our compartment. Neither of us have actually seen Celeste yet, but I'm not sure I'm looking forward to a train ride in this small compartment with her. Anyway, Pansy and I had to visit the Prefects' carriage first for the typical briefing.

At least one good thing came out of that. Prefects get their own dorms now.

Pansy is leaning on my in silence. She grabbed my arm a while back and wrapped it around herself, so while I sit like a regular person next to the window, she takes up the rest of the space on the bench with her feet propped up and her head resting on my chest while her arms hold my right arm hostage around her waist.

"Fuck you," she says quietly after a while, tilting her head up so her brown eyes can peer up at me, covered slightly by her overgrown bangs.

"Hm?" I murmur distractedly, my eyes on her but my mind on another girl.

"Fuck you. You never wrote," Pansy sighs softly. "A whole month of nothing."

I glance over her pouting face and then turn my head to look out the window. We're passing by a thick forest, the trees a blur and above them, clouds cover the blue sky. "If it's any consolation," I murmur quietly, my head falling back to lean against my seat, "I didn't write to anyone."

"Thanks," she spits bitterly, "I didn't realize I was just anyone. Fuck you, dude, Blaise and I are supposed to be your best friends."

"You are—"