𝟎𝟕𝟒 - 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫

—

WC: 11,276
please comment and vote LMAO

okay maxon is without a doubt a flawed character. every character is, whether i gave them those flaws intentionally or not. he's super self righteous. he thinks he's always correct, and he holds everyone to a standard they can't always meet

he can be possessive, but he is NOT controlling. looking at the comments ppl left calling him that, it didn't make sense, because all he was saying was "come with me celeste, i'll get you coffee and cheer you up." granted, he wasn't listening to her, but that ties back into always thinking he is correct

look at the situation from his perspective. he doesn't expect celeste to have a mental break down because he doesn't know even HALF the stuff that has happened to her, and blaise is honestly fine. so he walks out and he sees her completely wrecked, and there's draco holding (or, through his eyes, gripping) her arm while she looks a mess.

what conclusion would you have come to? that the guy who celeste has told you she hates, the guy you know whose father is a death eater, the guy you've heard your parents say might be a death eater, the guy who is an absolute douche was comforting her? or that the guy was making her cry?

he's flawed, there's no doubting that, but maxon is 100% a better person than draco. all those traits you guys seem to hate about him, draco has those, and yet you berate him only for his past actions but not current behavior. celeste also has all those traits. i've worked very hard on making her an imperfect character. she's NOT a good person, and it's jarring that ppl will overlook some of the things she says and does because she's the main character.

maxon is not evil, and i can promise you he will never be. he's one of the few genuinely good characters, albeit with some flaws

now vote lolz

DECEMBER 7th, 1996

"How long are you gonna ignore me for?"

"Until that ugly bruise on your nose goes away," I snap, reaching across the table to grab the infusion of Wormwood.

"It was gone two days ago, Celeste," Maxon sighs softly, pushing the glass bottle towards me when it comes just a few inches shy of my fingertips. "You can look at my face now." There's a hint of amusement in his voice as he laughs softly, "It's no longer ugly."

"You're not funny."

"Fine, so I'm not funny, but am I a fool for wanting to look you in the eye to properly apologize?"