𝟎𝟖𝟒 - 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝

—

okay so because i'm a greedy bitch, i wont upload the next chapter until this one has at least 425 votes and 2k comments. i already know some of you are gonna call me entitled but you know what? i do this shit for free, so don't be a silent / un-engaging reader, gracias besties.

MARCH 15th, 1997

He drops onto his bed, panting heavily.

"Did I go too hard on you?" I choke out, collapsing onto the armchair and closing my eyes while my lungs all but seize to grab a full inhale of sweet air.

"Oh, shut it."

I cough out a laugh, slumping low in the armchair and pushing my hair out of my face. "No. I was probably a little rusty. It's been a few months, after all."

"Oh, no. You weren't rusty."

"Yeah?"

"Mm."

"Is that your way of telling me I won? I'm better than you?" I tease, my face then screwing with pain at how my abdomen tightens harshly.

"Let's not be ridiculous," Draco scoffs, propping himself up on his elbows to look at me, his messy hair flopping into his pale face. "If anything, we're on equal wavelengths. Equally rusty—or not. You didn't win."

"Please, I'm a far better dueler than you."

"Yeah? Explain why I blasted your wand out of your hand three times."

"Anomalies."

"Three isn't an anomaly. Three is a sign that maybe you are getting rusty."

I groan softly, seeing his lips part into a lazy grin. "How about we settle on that you've finally improved to my level, and I have simply remained at my phenomenal capabilities?"

"Would that shut you up?" he murmurs tiredly, head dropping back down to the bed. He reaches an arm up at the ceiling, long and slender fingers limp while his rings glint under the dim glow of the Black Lake behind me. "I think I'll be sore for days. Might not even be able to walk."

I snort softly.

"Something funny, darling?"

"Oh, nothing. Just what that suggests without context."

"What?"

My eyes, which had dropped shut in fatigue, open once more while a sly smirk finds my lips. I look at him to see him staring at his hand which still extends towards the ceiling, and with a soft grunt, I pull myself off the armchair, ignoring the pleads from the muscles in my thighs to stop.