𝟎𝟕𝟐 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧

—

heyyyyyyyyy don't forget to vote!!

shoutout to beyondthesee for her incredible poetry. go read her poetry book, and while you're at it, read her book until tomorrow as well. it's just begun, but from what i know about it, you're gonna wish in a few months you could call yourself an OG reader if you don't start now

also!! just a warning: my username is (probably) going to change in the next few days. i'll let y'all know when it does

"We haven't done this in a while," Pansy says softly, her head falling down on the pillow next to mine, her legs stretching out before her.

"No, we haven't," I yawn back softly, sitting up straighter while I watch as she pops the joint between her lips and inhales deeply, her eyes fluttering shut.

"You're always so busy," she huffs, exhaling slowly while passing the joint to me. I take it between my fingers, hesitating as I twirl it a few times before bringing it up to my lips. Pansy coughs softly before saying, "You've been coming back to the room really late these days. Studying keeping you up?"

I open my eyes right as I pull the joint out of my mouth, exhaling slowly. It's been a little while since I've had any Alihosty—I ended up leaving the Halloween party pretty early—so as I exhale, my throat burns and contracts with each cough I force out.

"Yeah," I say, leaning over to my nightstand to grab my glass of water. "Alchemy's been kicking my ass. Arithmancy too."

"So drop 'em."

"What?"

"The classes. Drop them. I miss you, but you're always off in the library or whatever," she sighs, stretching out. She then turns her head to look up at me, brown eyes bright. "We haven't talked that much lately, have we?"

"I... The... classes have been keeping me busy," I mutter, rolling the joint between my thumb and forefinger while Pansy's curious eyes burn holes into my head.

"You don't have to lie," she says softly.

"Excuse me?" I glance at her.

"I mean—I'm sure classes are stressing you out, but you don't have to use excuses. Not with me. It's okay if you... if you need space, or—listen, I don't..." Pansy hesitates, pushing herself up into her elbows while her gaze drops. "It's okay if you don't want to tell me everything. I get it, I do, I know—I know things are different, and you're different—"

"What do you mean?" my voice is oddly hoarse.

Pansy's eyes widen in a panic. "No! I mean—I don't mean to say that in a bad way. It's... it's expected, right? A lot happened. It's be crazy if you were the exact same."