𝟎𝟗𝟖 - 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮

—

hi hi hi

can we get to 3k comments and 600 votes before the next chapter?

JUNE 4th, 1997

"I'll meet you after practice?" Maxon asks, his eyebrows lifted inquisitively and his warm brown eyes holding a certain glimmer.

I smile at him slightly, cupping the side of his face while admiring  his handsome features. "Yes," I promise, leaning up on my toes to press a chaste kiss to his lips while his hands touch my waist. "I'll meet you in the common room, yeah?"

He smiles softly, hitching his broomstick under his arm and leaning down for another kiss. "Deal."

"Just... shower before you come meet me," I add, pressing a smile to my face that he rolls his eyes at genially. "No offense, Maxon, but I just can't kiss you when you're sweaty."

"Yeah, whatever. I might get back late, Warrington's been going crazy with these nightly practices," Maxon sighs softly, glancing over his shoulder when his aforementioned captain calls for him to hurry up. He gives my arm a slight pat. "I'll see you."

"Yeah." I watch him turn away to walk down the steps and out towards the Quidditch pitch, glancing over his shoulder to throw me one last wink before disappearing out of my sight, a twinge of guilt unsettling my stomach.

I then turn my head to see Draco leaning against the wall nearby hardly paying attention in the middle of a conversation with Verona and Pansy. I eye the silver scars on his face, my hands curling into fists and my stomach twisting as I remember his words from a few days ago. His matching silver eyes then suddenly lift to mine, and I freeze. They're deep and intense, like he's trying to tell me something I can't understand tacitly.

He then nods towards the side. I don't nod back, instead tearing my eyes away to stalk down the hallway, knowing he'll follow me to the Room of Requirements.

I close the door behind me rather than waiting for him, plastering a smirk on my face even when the satisfaction isn't as great as I hoped. He opens it only a few seconds later, walking in quietly as I take a seat on our sofa, looking up at the newly fixed Vanishing Cabinet across from me.

"I'm sorry."

My eyes close at the two words, and I bite back the urge to groan. Internally, I claw at myself, chide myself for wanting to accept the two pathetic words. Even as I was leaving the Room of Requirements, even when everything he'd said was still so fresh on his tongue, a part of me itched to turn around and just admit everything he wanted me to say.