𝟎𝟏𝟑 - 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭

—

"Have fun," Pansy giggles as we reach Snape's office door.

I glance over my shoulder to shoot her a nasty glare, and under the dim green light, I see her flash me a cheeky grin.

"Fuck you," I mutter.

"I wouldn't mind, to be honest," she chirps before I hear her turn around and start back up the steps. "You better get in there! Who says you won't get another detention if you're late to this one?"

"Yeah, yeah," I murmur, grabbing the doorknob and twisting it open right as Pansy disappears up into the hallway.

When I step into Snape's office, I'm just struck by how cluttered it is. The walls climb high well beyond I can reach, covered completely with shelves that hold books, cauldrons, ingredients, and other miscellaneous objects. It's otherwise small, though, maybe ten feet across, with the desk taking up much of the space.

"Professor?" I call out, stepping inside and looking around. There's an ajar closet door revealing a pantry filled with even more ingredients and clutter. "Hello?"

"Celeste?"

I snap my head to the left, my jaw dropping when I see Draco standing next to a globe that spins this way and that on its own. He's dressed in his school uniform, though his tie hangs loosely, and his shirt is unbuttoned a bit with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows. He brings a hand up and tousled his immaculate hair, the expression on his face just as surprised as I am.

His eyebrows are furrowed slightly, lips parted while his tongue pokes out slightly. His silver eyes narrow at me before his eyebrows slowly rise in what can only be realization. And then a low laugh leaves his lips.

"Oh," he says, taking a step closer to me while his fingers play with his tie. "Hello, Celeste."

"What are you doing here?" I ask with a frown, crossing my arms under my chest as I dart my eyes around to see if Snape is hiding around somewhere. "Where's Snape? I want to get this detention over with."

"Actually," he chuckles softly, turning around and walking suavely towards Snape desk where he plops down with a sigh, "I'll be monitoring your detention tonight." He gives me a triumphant smile, resting his elbows on the armrests and pressing his fingertips together while he swings his feet up to sit on by minimal empty space there is on the top of the desk.

If it could, my jaw would drop to my feet.

I snap it shut though, turning my chin up at him. "Absolutely not."

"I'm afraid it's a decision up to neither of us," he sighs dramatically, an evil glint in his eyes. "So why don't we just embrace it? Come here, darling."

Ignoring the little nickname, I scoff and smirk at him sarcastically. "Again—absolutely not."

"Oh, c'mon," he laughs, the asshat very clearly having far too much fun with this. His eyes glint at me mischievously as he wets his lower lip, momentarily distracting me. "You were already seven minutes late, don't make me report you for not listening either. You know, technically, I am your superior," he says, his voice suddenly dropping an octave as the smirk on his face goes from mischievous to dark, making my stomach twist and heart flutter against my ribcage. "I'm a Prefect and holding your detention, which means you should really listen to me, chérie."