Chapter 26: Mend My Broken Heart

Your body jumped from the initial slam of the door when Bakugo left you in the room by yourself. You felt your heart sink into the floor as you realize that you have ruined your relationship with Katsuki. You couldn't help but weep at the moment until Hawks walked in the vicinity. "Are you alright, kid?"

You wiped your tears away quickly with your wrist, and you walked towards the exit. "I'm fine. Let's go find Yami and the other villains." You coldly brushed past Hawks shoulder as you try to present a tough appearance.

You made it outside in the night-blue sky, as you reflect on everything that leads up to this point. Until you felt a warm sensation grab your hand. "Kid, you don't have to go back out there."

You flung your hand back, and you looked into Hawks' eyes. "Don't tell me what I need to do. I ..."

You instantly felt a warm embrace when Hawks submerged himself to you as he covered you with his fierce wings

You instantly felt a warm embrace when Hawks submerged himself to you as he covered you with his fierce wings. "Aye, remember. You don't have to put up this persona for me, kid." Hawks continue to hug you as you slowly accept his embrace.

You deepen your face into his chest, "why did I have to fuck up so bad?"

Hawks started to pat your head, "there, there. This wasn't you, kid. I know that, and the world would know too." Hawks raised your chin so your eyes can meet. "Look at me," he paused for a brief moment. "We're gonna get through this together, alright. You, me, aaaannnnnddd Tokoyami over there." As Hawks pointed at him from a distance. "Mmm ok, kid," Hawks gave you a gentle smile as he wipes away the tears falling from your cheeks. You lean the side of your face into Hawks' hand as you were expecting some calmness from his warm embrace.

Tokoyami coughed as he asserted himself in the conversation. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you two have something going on."

Your orbs widened at birdboy's comment before you shift your body to face your peer. "Really...Well, that's nice," as you ruffle Tokoyami's head.

You turned your head back at Hawks as you smirked back at the pro hero, "you got my six?"

Hawks laughed at you before speaking out, "I got the whole damn clock, kid."

"Ok, Boss Man," you chuckled as you patted his shoulders.

You, Hawks, and Tokoyami made their way to locate other heroes in need as they continue to figure against the villains.

While engaging in battle, you can sense a sinister yet familiar aura nearby. Your inclination told you Yami was close at hand. However, you continue to focus on the battle in front of you. That's until you notice Kirishima flying in the air. "Kiri!!!" You quickly subdue the villain in front of you, and then you projected your body in the air before grabbing Red Riot and safely land on the roof of the building structure.

"Kiri... Kiri... wake up... Kiri," you lightly tapped on the hero's face. "What's going on? Where's everyone?"

Red Riot slowly sat up as he displays that his body is aching from the recent attack. "Midoriya and Bakugo. They are fighting a villain with multiple quirks.