Chapter 23: Resurface

It's been a month since your disappearance. The heroes and other UA students tried to find ways and tactics to bring you back. However, they were unsuccessful.

The League of Villains' intention is to make you one of their own, so you wouldn't stand in their way. You were one of the people who pose a big threat to their plans. However, your power serves some usefulness for the villains. Now, you serve a new purpose to eliminate targeted future heroes from the villains' list like Shoto, Izuku, and Katsuki.

Without feelings and humanity, you don't care about anything at all. You're just living out your life one day at a time as a mindless bot waiting for demands even though you have the will to think for yourself.

You resurface to the mainland once in a while, as you abide by the villains' deeds to create distractions and chaos. However, logically, you noticed that you don't go against the grain and harm innocent people.

You notice something different about yourself ever since the fight between the heroes and the villains on the day you were taken, more specifically, after your head trauma. It's like you hear a soft whisper within your head that tells you to do good and to stop following the malicious orders. Even at night, your dreams were so vivid and full of warm imagery that doesn't quite make sense to you.

One day, you decided to detour from your mission and pay a visit to UA high. You had this sense of urgency to go back to the dorms when irrational thoughts started to leak into your mind.

You broke into your old dorm room to see everything left the way it was that night of your disappearance. You walked around your room as memories began to flashback; however, you couldn't feel any emotional ties to them.

You glance at your door as you see images of your and Bakugo walking to the room kinda like a virtual world effect as your memories are projected right in front of you. Your hands glide over a picture frame of you and a certain ash-blond in your hero outfits. You both displayed a feeling of happiness as you embraced each other with your physical touch. You glanced your eyes across the room and even remember the giant teddy beach the young hero won you at the fair. At this moment, you wanted to experience a sense of emotion and vulnerability, but nothing has triggered that state for you. As a result, you decided to walk out the door as you slowly make your way into the dorm across from your room.

Bakugo's Point of View

Bakugo sat on my mattress as he scrolled through his phone

Bakugo sat on my mattress as he scrolled through his phone. He looked through old pictures of Ren as he reflects on the night she was taken. It's like a nonstop marathon that keeps replaying over and over again in my head. Bakugo imagined different scenarios on how he could have saved her that night, and the ash-blond grew irritated at how pathetic he was and his inability to rescue her. "She was in my damn hands," Bakugo threw his phone off the bed as he was fueled with frustration.

"How the fuck am I suppose to be a hero if I can't even save the one important person in my life." Katsuki balled up his fists as he slowly tapped his forehead over and over.