Chapter 29: Hero's Duty

No gif or pictures in this chapter today. I'm kinda lazy right now to find and place them throughout the reading. Hopefully that's alright with you all! I hope you enjoy! Feel free the vote and comment if you enjoy the chapter so far 🙃🙂🙂

You attempted to get off the mattress before Bakugo left the room, and your body instantly collapses to the ground because your legs have given out on you. The ash-blonde let out a devilish chuckle while he smirked at you. You immediately grabbed one of his pillows and threw it in his direction before he closes the door. You pulled your body back on the mattress, and you decided to lay in bed as you waiting for him to come back with breakfast. As you bundle up in the covers, you noticed Katsuki left his phone on the bedside table. "Fucking idiot," you said to yourself because you wanted to text him while he was away in the kitchen.

You grabbed a hair-crunchie on the opposite side of the bed as well as your cell phone. You tided your messed up hair into an even messier bun before getting on your phone. You scrolled through social media and other outlets before coming across an article on the hot boy himself, along with other intern students. You also came across an article on yourself on how people have mixed reviews on your affiliation with the league of villains.

Most people believe in your truth; however, there were trolls out in the world that want to spark up drama and plaster you in a negative light. "Damn media," you threw your phone out of irritation just as Bakugo walked in with a delicious breakfast platter.

"The fuck is wrong with you?" Bakugo inched his way closer to your vicinity as he placed the tray of food on his bed.

"It's nothing," you dismissed your emotions like it was not significant.

Bakugo reached down to the ground as he picked up your phone and saw the media outlet site you were on. "Oi, I don't think you should be reading shit like this. Negative people like this are just chasing the headlines and will do anything to get more views. Trust me." Bakugo handed you your phone.

Your hand graciously accepted the item before placing it onto your side. Bakugo then handed you a plate before he sat alongside your body. "Oi, promise me you won't pay attention to that bullshit. Just focus on yourself and being the hero you want to me." The ash-blonde nudged his shoulders onto your arm.

You take a bite of your food before smiling at your man. "Maybe I'll prove them wrong, and I'll strive to be the number one hero," you sassed at the ash-blonde as he almost choked on his food.

"Like hell you are!" Katsuki paused as he placed his plate down. "I'm going to be the number one hero.

"Well then, I guess you're going to have some competition then." You looked at your boyfriend and smirked at him. "Maybe, I wanna be number one. Society needs more women with higher rankings. We need more female representation in the top spot."

"What's wrong being by my side?" Bakugo looked at you with a questionable demeanor.

"Nothing is wrong being by your side, as long as I'm on the top spot," you smiled at your man as he tries to hold back his irritation towards you. It was all fun and games to you, and the fact you were able to get a reaction from Bakugo was priceless.

"Come on, Katsuki, you know I don't care about rankings like that," you ruffled his ash-blonde hair. "But I was serious about more female representation though... and being Black and Filipina. I definitely need to represent out there for others like me when I become a pro hero."

Bakugo displayed a gentle smile before he caressed your face. "I'm proud of you. You know that."

You looked deep into his crimson eyes before you spoke out. "For what, Sir Lord Explosion Whatever."