Chapter 8: Fireworks

"The hell is going on here," Bakugo stated with a stern voice.

The man slowly backed away from Ren as he positioned himself to face Bakugo. "Well, what does it look like I'm doing," the man stated as he stared at Bakugo with a dark aura in his presence.

"Ren... Ren," Bakugo noticed your eyes were blackened like the pure night sky, and you appeared in a trance-like state. "What the fuck did you do to her"?

"Nothing she doesn't deserve," the man stated as he starts to pull back his darkness quirk away from your body.

"I don't know who you are or who you think you are. All I know is that I'm going to blow the fuck out of you that you'll be bedridden for weeks," Bakugo threaten as mini explosion ignited from the palm of his hand.

The man chuckles as he began to introduce himself. "I'm Ren's boyfriend, Yami. So if you don't mind, you need to stay out of our relationship."

"Boyfriend?! Tch, like hell I am." Bakugo rushes in to fight the self-proclaimed boyfriend, and the man reluctantly dodges Bakugo's attack, ultimately letting go of Ren as she collapses to the ground.

Ren's POV

You were regaining consciousness, and your eyes started to become normal as your optics displayed your dilated pupils

You were regaining consciousness, and your eyes started to become normal as your optics displayed your dilated pupils. You see the fight escalated between Bakugo and Yami. Filled with rage, you used her psionic energy to grab Yami and launch him in the air, then smashing him back down to the ground. Bakugo then restrained Yami down and barricaded the him to the ground, as he was unable to move from Bakugo's hold.

"Why have you come here, Yami?" You yelled as you slowly close your hand into a fist as your energy tighten around Yami's body.

"Ha, would you like to know, baby"? Yami used his quirk dark energy and blasted you and Bakugo away with a wave of darkness. However, he didn't use his full power, so the general public wouldn't get attracted to the scene; as a result, the wave of darkness wasn't enough to damage both you and Bakugo.

You used your quirk to stabilize yourself midair and draw Bakugo closed to you as you safely release him to the ground. Bakugo grabbed your wrist and pulled you behind him, creating some distance between you and Yami.