Chapter 45: Vestiges

The battle continues within the final moments of the royale. You watched Momo gearing up to outlast our other opponents. Her actions made you realize that she had knocked Invisible Girl out of the ring. Now, the powerhouse quirk-users are left in the match.

You changed your viewpoint as you witnessed Deku reasoning out with Bakugo and asking him to put his pride to the side. Izuku wanted an alliance between the three remaining solo teams and ended our squad because we benefited from the match by having three active players in the fight, which was Momo's most significant concern with her plan.

Bakugo temporarily agreed with the request, realizing he would do anything to win the match even if he had to fight his girlfriend.

Deku and Ground Zero made haste towards Red Riot as the ash-blonde grabbed onto Izuku's before screaming out "X-CATAPULT," which sent the young hero directly towards the red manly hero.

You elevated your arms so that you could tap on the comms within your ear, hoping to relay the message quickly to your team, "THEY ARE WORKING TOGETHER! EIJIRO, WATCH OUT!!"

Kirishima's eyes widened by the shocking news as he realized the green lighting was heading in his direction.

"KIRISHIMA!" Momo spoke out into the devices; however, we quickly realized we weren't getting a response from his end.

"Ren?!" Yaoyorozu called out your name with such tremor in her tone.

"I'M ON IT!" As you race toward your teammate, you quickly increase your speed with a considerable concern that Eijiro might have been injured or eliminated. However, upon your arrival, you witness your boyfriend accelerating with his explosion, following suit in the direction of your friend, Kirishima.

"I don't think so!" Your eyes glowed as you siphoned your power and unleashed a blast that Bakugo would be forced to avoid if he didn't want to get hit.

"Momo, hurry up with that damn plan of yours!" You spoke to the communicators before being ambushed by Deku with his Delaware Smash Air Force.

"REN," you see Red Riot covering his face and maintaining his hardened skin to endure Bakugo and Todoroki's quirk combo.

Damn, that didn't take long for Shoto to quickly join their side. Such followers. You thought to yourself as you continued to avoid Deku's combination attacks.

You had enough, and you decided to blaze past Deku to save your friend. However, Izuku used his black whip to capture and contain you within his grasp.

Your eyes begin to have a significant change as red veins emerge from the visual organs, and a gray cast clouds your pupils as you continue to push through your limits.

You manage to break through his whips as you fully submerge into Shoto's presence and strike him in the abdominal area. The single punch radiated a distinct ripple effect as the second wave of your psionic energy followed through, especially hitting Shoto with two blows (one with physical strength and the second with your energy quirk).

You quickly turn around to strike your man with the same technique but with a full roundhouse kick that sends him crashing to the ground with two powerful strikes.

Meanwhile, Momo arose from the smoke as she landed on icy-hot and injected him with a syringe, making Shoto instantly fall asleep, "There! That's one down".

Deku realized Yaoyorozu's strategy to knock them and run the timer was their natural end game, so he charged toward Momo and used his black whip to throw her off the ring.

You intercepted Izuku's plan by catching Momo in the air with your quirk and projecting her towards Kirishima just before you regrouped with them.

You try to control your breathing, realizing that your stamina and your exhaustion are kicking into effect. You, Kirishima, and Yaoyorozu standoff with Bakugo and Midoriya for a brief moment before they decide to strike.