Chapter 34: Rekindled Flame

While the boys were back at the fire pit sitting around the warm, comfortable red flames, the girls explored the lands of the beach as they provided comfort and support to Ren. The situation played out so fast, and you wished you coulda slow downtime or even reverse the moment itself, so you could have prevented the petty altercation in the first place.

However, one-by-one, the girls continued to dig their toes in the sand while simultaneously providing a joyful environment for everyone to be in a good mood.

"Hey, I think we should be getting back to the fire pit. The boys are probably wondering where we went." Ochaco spoke out to the girl as she displayed a concerning look.

"Yea, I guess you're right. It is getting late, and we did come here as a group." Momo swiftly repositioned a strand of hair behind her ear.

"You all go ahead. I'll catch up. Scouts honor," you displayed a serious facial expression as you raised your hand and balled it into a fist before lightly tapping and placing the clenched hand on your chest. Then, you started to giggle at your reaction as your girls mimic the same expression.

You sat closer to the water, and you began to listen to the soothing sounds of the waves moving back and forth as liquid crashing into the shore

You sat closer to the water, and you began to listen to the soothing sounds of the waves moving back and forth as liquid crashing into the shore. You raised your hand and manifested small red energy as it hovered and danced with the palm of your hand. "I know you didn't leave Mina. You can sit with me if you like?"

Mina migrated towards your vicinity as she sat adjacent to your body. You laid your head on top of her shoulders and she comforted you in a way that made you feel at ease. You started to be confined to your friend as you discussed your thoughts on the recent altercation with Bakugo. You also address the uncomfortable emotions that arise from the encounter.

As one of your closest friends, Mina validated your feelings and concerns about your relationship with the ash-blonde. However, The pink girl also discussed the impact you have on Kacchan's life, and how he has become a more tolerable person since you entered into his life.

"Girl, he needs a person to put him in his place sometimes, and no one can do it better than you." Mina squeezed you framed as you pretended like you couldn't breathe from her suffocating you. Nonetheless, you both laughed it off, which released the uncomfortable emotions.

Mina turned her head and she saw Kirishima from a distance. She displayed a slight smirk before she redirected her attention back to Ren. "Well, Ima head back to the site. Think about what I said." As she nudged her body onto your frame, and you exhibited a little smile.

You rested your head on the palms of your hands as you cradle yourself in an upright position. You were still, silent as you mentally prepared yourself to return to the group, that's until you felt another presence sitting alongside your body. "Mina, I thought you were leaving." You sluggishly stated without any motivation to raise your head.

"Does it look like I'm that raccoon eye loser?" You popped your eyes open as you realized the tone of that familiar voice as the sound enters your eardrum.