Chapter 44: Manipulation

You, Momo, and Eijiro gradually migrated out of your secure place to search for surviving teams. You noticed Froppy and Ochaco battling it out amongst each other at a distance.

You hummed as you elbowed Kirishima's physique, "look over there. Who do you have your money on?" You directed your attention to your red hair friend.

"My money's on Ochaco for sure!" Eijiro nudged back at your shoulder.

"Fine! I'll bet against you! You never know. Froppy got hops, and she can secrete that nasty shit." You sass around with confidence as you shake your hand from left to right.

"You're trippin! Ochaco has that combat skills from her intern site during her first year! She can easily pin trippy down.

"Oh yea?" the words quickly escaped out.

"Hell yea! How much are we bettin?" Kirishima rebuttals with no hesitation.

"Geez, can you both hush up! This is not the time for that! You two need to focus!" Momo snapped at us as she whispered out to us.

You displayed a shocked look on your face then redirect your attention to Kirishima. "Oh, who is she talkin to... because I know she was not talkin to me like that."

"Ren, wait!!" Kirishima placed his hands around your body to hold you back from Momo.

"Who do you think you are... talking to me like that," you whispered out to Momo. However, your voice gradually gets louder.

"I didn't mean it like that, Ren. I mean, did you forget we are in the middle of a match." Momo looked into your eyes. She displayed minor intimidation by your glare but continues to de-escalate the situation.

 She displayed minor intimidation by your glare but continues to de-escalate the situation

"Yea, yea! Don't talk down to me like I'm a lil child." you quickly snapped back at your teammate.

"Come on, Ren. Geez, you're starting to ask like Bakugo." Eijiro continues to grip your body, hoping that you will calm down.

"Fine. Fine." You directed your attention to Momo, and you faced the side of her head. "Ms. Mam', you need to stop being uptight and loosen up." You smiled at Yaoyorozu.

"Your mood quickly changed? Are you ok?" the young hero placed her hand on your shoulder.

"Yeaa. I'm just in a mood. Maybe my period is coming?"

"Wow, geez! Keep that to yourself, please!" Kirishima bounced up as he covered his ears.

"Oh my god. Childish much!" Momo quickly spoke out while your facial expression agrees with her words.

Meanwhile, Bakugo heard distant chatter and decided to strive toward that location. He ultimately located your team in the midst of it all as he went to the sky to have a bird's point of view of the remaining groups. "There you are, Ren. Quit hiding and fight me!"