Chapter Thirty Five: Conflict

"Huh?! Erm it's nothing. Don't worry about it." Draco pulled his sleeve up all of a sudden and put his arm behind his back, which only caused Elestra to be more suspicious.

"What? Are you hurt? Why can't you show me?" She stepped forward, to which he backed away.

"Listen- I can explain- I'll show you when I have the time but please not today..." Draco was nervous, he couldn't believe he had to do this now.

Elestra's heart was beating faster than ever. Maybe what they said was true. Could he really be a death eater? Yet she had to see for herself. "Draco. Show me your arm." Her eyes were filled with worry.

"Please- Just listen to m-" He tried to plead, not wanting to this when he thought it would all be over.

With one clean swipe, Elestra seized her wand from her back pocket, holding it up in front of her. "Show me your arm, NOW." One look into her eyes and Draco knew that she knew.

It hurt that she didn't trust him- but there was no point hiding it anymore. He took a deep breath and slowly lifted his sleeve, prepared for what's to come. 

Elestra gasped. She took in the sight of the scar, so blatantly glaring at her. It was horrible. She lowered her wand and backed away. She didn't know what to say or do.

"WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME?!" She yelled, chocking back tears.

He didn't answer. Draco was getting watery eyes too. He didn't know why. He hated talking about it. Just the thought of it made him want to cry. "I'm sorry." He mumbled, averting his eyes. "It wasn't my choice...I couldn't say no.." His voice croaked.

Elestra couldn't help but feel sorry. She really liked him and it really cut her deep in the heart to see him cry. She realised he needed her at this time and she never knew. Elestra tried to comprehend the best move to make then, but she decided to go with her heart.

She stepped closer, cautiously at first, but then leaned into him and wrapped her arms around him, gently. He rested his head on her shoulder. Why would someone show him so much kindness? He had made a mistake. He should be punished. Why was she caring for him? Draco buried his head on her shoulder and sobbed, to which she only hugged him tighter.

All Draco could think was that he didn't deserve her. She was too good for him. Even after all he had done she still cared for him.

When they broke apart, Draco's scar was stinging more than usual, it meant it was time.

"Elestra." He spoke, his eyes a little puffy from crying. She reached her hand to his face and brushed his cheek with her thumb affectionately. 

"I don't forgive you. I hate you. You're a jerk for not telling me." She averted her eyes to the floor, not considering anyone's feelings while she spoke.

"I know. Thanks for everything so far. I have to go now." Draco smiled weakly, thinking about how long it will be until he sees her again.

"Go?! Where? You're just gonna LEAVE? Seriously? After destroying me? You're more of an asshole than I thought." She spat, whipping her nose with her sleeve, not wanting to cry.

"I'm sorry, but I think it's better this way. I think it's better that you hate me now. Parting would be easier..." he mumbled to himself.

"PARTING? What do you mean?! You were just going to leave without telling me?" Elestra was so frustrated her head hurt and her throat was scratchy. A part of her wished she never found out, and another wished she found out sooner.

Draco was silent. Elestra realised there was really nothing she could do and she should've believed Harry before she got too close to Draco. She pushed past him, rushing down the stairs, everything suddenly seemed darker. Perhaps it was the already gloomy day- but the colour just seemed to drain from the world. 

She thought it would be best if she hadn't gone to class the next period. She didn't think she could face anyone. Elestra had to make a decision; who would she tell?

------------------------------------------------------------------

~ALTERNATE ENDING~

Elestra took in the sight of the scar, so blatantly glaring at her. It was horrible. She lowered her wand and looked into Draco's eyes, "Woahhh sick tattoo bro! Where'd you get it? The skull and stuff really brings out your emo side,"

"Huh? Wait what? You know I'm a death eater right? Like...I kill people."

"duddddeeee so like you eat death? Totally badass. So if i'm a death eater, I get that tattoo too?? like for freE???"

"yeah but- you don't understand- I'm gonna kill DUMBLEDORE like in this chapter, mY GuY Are you not concerned at all????"

"nahhhhh the guy was getting too old anyway, you put him out of his misery."

"Tf???? So does that mean you wanna join me?"

"Hell yeah where do I apply!"

------------------------------------------------------------------

 thank you so much for sticking with me till this moment. I hope you keep reading! Thanks again!

Don't forget to comment your opinions! I am open to feedback!

Vote and share if you like it :D

Stay tuned~

I promise to not keep you waiting this long again, I'll do my best to upload consistently!