Chapter Thirty-one: First Dates

Elestra slept soundly that night, she was finally able to accept her feelings for Draco and express them to him. 

Draco on the other hand, was freaking out. There wasn't enough time. Voldemort was going to kill him. He was afraid he wouldn't be able to carry out his duty and prove his worth. He'd been spending too much time at the room of requirement.

"Hey, Draco! What are u thinking about?" Elestra chirped cheerfully, oblivious.

"Oh nothing...I was just- tired." He was caught off guard.

"You've been tired quite a bit lately. Have you been sleeping?" Elestra seemed concerned.

"No, not really, trust me I've tried- I'm just a bit distracted." Draco's eyes nervously darted around the room, checking if anyone was listening.

Elestra reached and grabbed his face. Her fingers traced his dead under-eyes. For some reason, her touch felt so comfortable and gentle- contrary to her personality. "You should start caring about your health more.." she mumbled, holding his face in her hands. He thought if she were to hold him any longer, he'd burst into tears. 

Elestra's seriousness suddenly wore off after a second. She playfully squished his face. They both laughed broke into laughter. "Can you come behind the astronomy tower after lunch today? Slug horn said it's a free period."

Draco nodded, and then they left for their next class.

Behind the astronomy tower, there was a small field leading to the town near by. There were a few trees here and there and not many students around. It was one of Elestra's favourite spots. She would've been more than happy to share it with Draco. 

She brought a book bag with her which contained a blanket, some snacks and a book or two, waiting for Draco to arrive at the spot. This would be their first date. Elestra hoped so dearly it would go well.

When she arrived, she was a bit surprised he was early. It was definitely not what she expected. "So, what are we going to do around here?" He said, looking around and eyeing her bag.

"Let's have a picnic!" She chirped cheerfully.

"What are we? 12?" Draco sniggered.

"Shut up, it will be fun, I promise, I got some good chocolate- the ones that you really like."

"That bought me, completely." He reached for her bag but she jerked away. 

"Not until later dumbass."

They set their blanket under the tree and sat in a comfortable position, leaning on the tree. Elestra got a book out.

"This is a really good book, come read it with me." She opened a pretty old, slightly torn book titled, 'The Great Secret,' "It's a classic among the muggles, you should try."

Draco was hesitant at first, but he decided to listen as Elestra read out loud. After a page or two, Draco stopped her.

"You read like a dull rat being held at gun point." He spoke, matter-of-factly.

"That was not very nice...Also- rats can't read." Elestra snapped the book close, a bit disappointed thinking Draco didn't want to read anymore. 'It's not like you can do any better anyway..." She mumbled, hoping he didn't hear that.

"Of course I can," The blonde took it as a challenge. He snatched the book from her fingers and adjusted himself, clearing his throat. Elestra huffed and put her head on his lap, using it as a cushion. She covered her eyes with her hand to broken the little bit of sun that was seeping through the trees and listened to him read.

Draco was a surprisingly good reader. His voice was calm and had some form of expression. He knew just when to pause and he knew what kind of voices the character's would posses. Elestra was a bit hesitant to admit to herself, but Draco was a better reader than she was. In fact, she could listen to his voice all day and night  and still wouldn't mind it.

He held the book in one hand and dropped the other down to Elestra's head on his lap. He caressed her hair slowly. He ran his fingers through her hair subconsciously. His hands were cold, yet they were so oddly comforting. Elestra was confused at how a man could piss her off so much, yet be so perfectly smooth at the same time. She got lost in his voice and closed her eyes for a bit, deciding to take a small nap.

Draco noticed her eyes closed and assumed she was sleeping. He smiled to himself. It was so cute he couldn't hold it in. He leaned over and kissed her on the forehead. She shifted a bit and grinned internally. She was half asleep but it still felt nice.

Draco continued on reading the book for himself, quietly. It was surprising how enjoyable some muggle books could be. He should probably talk to her about more of those. Muggles are weird but very fascinating.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AwwwWwW wasn't that chapter cute. I LOVED writing that. Draco should probably work on that thing Voldemort told him to do. It could really harm him in the future... *foreshadowing*

Don't forget to comment your opinions! I am open to feedback!

Vote and share if you like it :D

Stay tuned~

Thanks for reading this fair! I'll be publishing a chapter every Saturday! Stay tuned :D