Chapter Twenty-nine: The Christmas Party

After a few days, it was time for the Christmas party that slug horn had invited the 'slugclub' to. When Elestra told Nicole about it, she couldn't help but burst out laughing. 

"The Slug Club? That's so nerdy!" She teased, getting her notes together.

"It's not! They apparently have really good food...my brother told me! And they are having this Christmas Party." Elestra said. "Uh and we have to bring someone along so if-"

"Nah. I'm good." Nicole quickly shut her down, "I have a date tonight"

"Wait- What? With who???" Elestra pretended to be surprised but she secretly knew.

"It's a secret. Anyway, you should just ask Draco, you two seem to be getting along well," Nicole winked. Elestra blushed at the thought of it.

"You know what? I think I'm just going to go alone." She blurted as she hurried off and checked the time. She had three hours before the party and she had to find a partner. It's not like someone was going to appear out of nowhere go with her-

"Hey, Elestra! You look confused, what's up?" Isaac was standing right in front of her.

She smiled stupidly. "Do you have anything to do this evening?"

He shook his head. "No, why?"

"Great! Can you come to Slughorn's Christmas party with me? Please, I'm desperate."

"Sure. I'll be there."

~~~~~~~

That evening Elestra opened the package her mother had sent to her. It was a dress for the party. Apparently, it was her mother's when she was younger. She opened up the covers to reveal a black laced dress. When she saw it she almost choked. Her mother had good but strangely dark taste in clothes. She threw it on and looked in the mirror. It was strangely fitting. It matched perfectly with her hair and eyes.

The only problem was, that it exposed her shoulder

The only problem was, that it exposed her shoulder. And usually she didn't have a problem with that but it was a terribly cold night- freezing actually. But she realised that she'll just have to manage and stay inside for the most part. After getting ready, she met up with Isaac and they made their way to the ball room. 

Upon arrival, as soon as Thomas made eye contact with Isaac, he came their way.

"Isaac. What are you doing here with my sister? We talked about this, didn't we?" Thomas spat, passively angry.

"Look- she had nobody to go with- and it was today so- I-" Isaac looked embarrassed as if he was fumbling with words.

"I don't want to hear it." Thomas seemed to be uncomfortable. 

"Wait, what's going on?" Elestra was confused. What did they mean by that? Was Isaac not supposed to come here?

"Nothing, Elestra, I suggest you go talk to some of your friends, Isaac and I will work this out." Thomas brushed her off.