Chapter Sixteen: Side Characters; Nicole

Nicole

"DAMN IT ANOTHER MISS!" I heard Pansy yell as Isaac swung through the air. She was surrounded by Crabbe, Goyle and Basil. Ravenclaw was winning by quite a bit, all Cho had to do was catch the snitch and it'd be over. Pansy looked over at her and scoffed. She got up from her seat and made her way towards her which was a few feet away. 

"All alone, you?" 

I nodded. I never thought she would talk to me. Crabbe and Goyle didn't notice her. 

"Who do you think's going to win?" She says, bending over and trying to look me the eyes. 

 "Wha- Um, I don't know," My gaze was fixated on the game. 

"I bet Ravenclaw's gonna win. Their seeker is really fast!"

"I thought you'd want to cheer for Slytherin, don't you want them to win?" 

"I would, but they suck. They would so win if I was in their team." 

"Really? I never knew you played!" 

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me, Wilford," Pansy winked and smiled. My heart stopped and I felt blood rushing to my face. I quickly looked back so she wouldn't see me blush.

"This game's boring. Wanna go get something to eat or something?" Pansy was being so nice. I didn't understand. She always hated me. Why would she ever-

"Sure, but I want to wait for Elestra so she doesn't think I abandoned her" I say looking back at Pansy, her shoulder length haircut suited her so much. 

"Oh, don't worry, she should be fine with Draco," She winks again.

"NO WAY! YOU THINK THAT TOO?!" I was shocked. I thought I was the only one who noticed a connection between them. 

"Thought it since day one! All he does is talk about how much he 'hates' her," Pansy used her fingers as quotation marks as she said 'hates' and got up of her seat.

"Yes, yes! They try so hard to hate each other its funny," Nicole got up and followed behind her.

"This year on the train, they were sitting next to each other and she slept on top of him without knowing."

"Oh god really? No wonder she seemed so flustered!" They continued talking as they walked to the Dungeons as Pansy had snacks in her dorm. 

"Hey, Pansy, why are you being so nice?" I finally ask out of curiosity, while we were sitting on the short stone wall which surrounded the courtyard. 

"I- I've been thinking about the way I have treated you, and...I heard the things those guys call you and- I just think that's so terrible..."

I remembered what happened a few days ago. Some boys from an older year level had beat me up for being a lesbian. They told me I was 'unnatural' and I was bound to go to hell. It didn't surprise me that she knew as they did it in front of almost the whole school, but what did surprise me was that...Pansy was SYMPATHISING?? 

I stayed silent. Maybe this was a trap...maybe a joke?

I watched as her eyes started to get glassy. She let out a small sob, "I'm sorry for what I did...I'm just...confused..." She furiously started rubbing her eyes and chocking back tears. 

I could feel her pain. I inched closer towards her and placed my hand over her head and slowly patted it. She looked up and we locked eyes. I leaned in closer until our noses were touching and gently kissed her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lmk what you think of these little sub plots, I wanted to give the characters a little more depth. :)

Don't forget to comment your opinions! I am open to feedback!

Vote and share if you like it :D

Stay tuned~

image cred: https://con-ti.tumblr.com/post/148567015203/commissioned-by-shvrkworld-my-single-line