Chapter Nine: Time Flies fast

Elestra and Draco arrived at the ball and once the doors open Elestra quickly spotted her friends and waved at them excitedly. Malfoy thought of how strange she was. One moment she was on top of the world and the next she seemed like she was going to start a nuclear apocalypse. Maybe that's why he always wanted to be around her- you'd never get bored.

"Oi, Draco, where were you?" Pansy approached from behind as Elestra left to talk to her friends.

"Huh? No where, just wandering around. I was bored." He lied. There was no way he would let them know he was out with some mudblood. Which is what she was. He should stop thinking of her as anything or anyone else. He should hate her. At least, that's what his father would've said. Mudbloods are filthy and shouldn't be befriended. They ruin names of great purebloods, he didn't want to be like the Weasleys- all ignorant of class and bloodline. And why was he close to her anyway? Because she was some what interesting? ...and somewhat pretty- but that shouldn't matter. She was just some girl. Pansy was pretty, Heather- his childhood friend- she was pretty too. Then why was it that he should care about some other girl. 

He was contemplating his choices and thoughts when Blaise came up to him, "What are you thinking about, mate?"

"Nothing, just spacing out..."

A few minutes had passed and Draco was dully sitting down, waiting for something interesting to happen. Elestra saw him and quickly walked up to him. He looked up at her and wondered why she even bothered walking all that way to talk to him. She extended her hand down to him.

"Care for a dance, good sir?" 

Draco chuckled and took it. How could he say no to her? He finally got to see this side of her after all the bickering and fighting. Whenever she was near, he forgot about what he told himself. He forgot that he was supposed to avoid her. Elestra's radiant smile seemed so rare yet so irresistible. Heck, he even thought her pout was cute. He was so invested in liking her, there was no going back now. 

Elestra yanked him towards her startling him. She put one hand on his shoulder and held the other. Draco placed his hand on her waist and they swayed with the music. It was quite hard at first but they soon got the hang of it. Elestra stepped on his foot a couple of times, most of them where by accident. But Draco kept making fun of her and teasing her so she had to get her revenge. 

After the song finished Elestra sat back down on the chairs joined by Draco.

"You are the most annoying person I've ever met in my entire life." Elestra exaggerated.

"No, I'm not! I think you quite enjoy yourself with me~" he chuckled, allowing Elestra to laugh with him. 

"Damn it- I hate you so much!" She joked ruffling his hair.  

"Woman! You know how long it took me to fix my hair this evening?" He ran a hand through his hair trying to make it back to normal.

Elestra huffed and rolled her eyes, "Oh shut up pretty boy! You look better with messy hair anyway-" she bluntly said getting up to get some food from the little snack table.

Draco's heart skipped a beat. Did he really look better with messy hair? As Elestra left, he started to overthink once again. Wait. Didn't she call him pretty? What did that mean? Does she think he's pretty? Maybe it was a compliment. He twirled a strand of hair in his hand and looked up at it, pondering  weather or not he should take what she said seriously.

                                                          ~~~~~~

Day after day, class after class. Everything moved rapidly. No significant events occurred throughout the year. As the second task approached and passed, people kept getting more and more excited for the third and final task. All though the second task was boring, just having to watch a lake, waiting for something interesting to happen, many people were still anticipating the last task to determine the champion. 

  - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - time skip - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - -

Gloom was present in the atmosphere after the last task. All though Harry Potter had won, everyone seemed to be upset about Cedric Diggory's death. After all, he was a wonderful student. Everyone loved him. Thomas, Elestra's brother, was close friends with him and looked up to him like an idol. He was particularly sad. You never know how much you could miss someone before they are gone. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading!

Please share and vote if you enjoy the story!

Stay tuned!