Chapter One: Elestra Ellington

As Thomas was flipping through the Daily Prophet, Elestra was concentrating on trying to tie her tie in front of the mirror in their living room.

"Can you believe they are hosting the Triwizard Tournament at Hogwarts this year?" Thomas exclaimed looking up from the paper.

"Those competitions are..sort of a waste of time- I mean, they are incredibly ruthless." Elestra declared. Thomas noticed her fiddling with her tie, and assisted her.

There was a moment of silence between them. Thomas was thinking about how it's already been five years of him being introduced to the wizarding world.

Elestra judged her uniform in the mirror once again.

They were half-siblings. Thomas' mother, Theresa Ellington, had given birth to Thomas in 1980, a year after she met Thomas' birth father; afraid of commitment, Thomas' father, a wizard, had left him a few days after he was born, leaving only a letter to Theresa informing her that he was a wizard and all about the Wizarding world.

All though, Theresa was hurt and confused, she was a strong woman and had moved on. A year later, She met another muggle man, who treated her like anyone should treat their significant other, surprisingly, their daughter, who was born on 1981, was also a witch. The young had started moving things with her mind when she was only just 6! Not everyone appreciates abnormality though, and the man Theresa had thought was the love of her life, again, left her, all alone, scared of her children.

Theresa was indeed a very strong woman, not only that, but she also was a loving and caring mother. She got a job at the local news editor and was climbing up places, fast. Promotion after promotion, Theresa provided a life for her children she never thought she could afford. When Thomas had gotten his letter to Hogwarts she felt delighted! She had been told the wizarding world was fascinating and extremely absurd. She was even more happy when Elestra got her letter too, She was convinced she had some wizard blood in her DNA.

Their conversation was interrupted by loud foot steps of their mother. She was dressed in a grey suit. Her hair was tied in a lose bun with a pen in it. Her hands were occupied with a hand-bag and a cup of coffee.

"Come on, you two-you are going to be late! Take your trunks and get in the car!" she instructed, gesturing to the door. They put on their coats to cover their uniforms and fit in with the rest of the non-magics.

Elestra climbed into the backseat while chatting to their mother about their classes. She was in her fourth year. Elestra had slightly wavy, jet black hair, messily tied into ponytail. She was a strong, impulsive Gryffindor with a bold personality. Even though she was reckless and hasty, she had a passionate heart and was fairly intelligent.

Thomas, on the other hand, was a quiet, fifth year, Ravenclaw. Unlike his sister, he was calm and collected. Thomas was loved by most in his year and had a witty charm. Sometimes, however, he could be quite reserved and passive. He had messy, light brown hair, and a tall figure.

When they arrived at the station, they wished farewell to their mother one last time before entering platform 9 and 3/4.

"I am so proud of you two, Thomas, I am so happy that you are a-a-what was it?" Mrs. Ellington said, hugging the two of them.

"Prefect," Thomas replied sharply, smiling at her.

"Yes, that's it, and you too, El, I am so proud of you," Their mother looked down at Elestra.

"I wish dad was proud..." Elestra mumbled under her breathe, quiet enough for only her mother to hear. To which, she hugged her tighter, as a small gesture of comfort.

Elestra and Thomas then made their way through the red brick wall, pushing their trolleys on to the busy platform, filled with students and their parents.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! That was a lot for the first chapter! Sorry if it was a bit confusing, I am only an amateur writer, so feedback would be helpful and appreciated!

Thank you so much for reading!

Please share and vote if you enjoy the story!

Stay tuned!