Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Match

On the Saturday, Elestra woke up nervous. It was game day. She sort of anticipated this day but was very anxious. What if falls of her broom and breaks her leg...OR DIES??? Even worse: What if she falls off her broom in an embarrassing position in front of EVERYONE and DOESN'T DIE?! She'd have to drop out of school and live the rest of her live outcasted from society...she could never show anyone her face again! Okay, maybe she was overexaggerating just a little bit...but anything could happen.

She made her way to the very end of the Gryffindor table where she found Nicole stuffing her face with a sandwich saving a seat for her next to Ginny, Harry, Ron and Hermione. She was wearing her Gryffindor sweater which was a bit too big for her because she had messed up the size. She'd only looked slightly ridiculous but that's ok. She needed to focus on the match. Ron Weasley was freaking out more than she was and Ginny was calm as ever. She was the best player in the team. Some might say she could even be a professional quidditch player. After breakfast, Harry took his team to go do stretches and warmups on the fields to be ready for the game.

Just before leaving, Elestra ran into Draco Malfoy, who greeted her briefly.

"Good luck on the game...I'll be rooting for you..." he smiled smally. It was like the connection they had faded over the break.

"Thanks. I'll need it."  Elestra glanced at Draco and smirked, "If I win, you have to kiss me."

Draco was caught off guard. "What?!" His eyes widened in surprise and confusion.

Ginny called to Elestra, telling her to hurry.

She chuckled and smiled playfully, "Just kidding." She said hastily and bolted before she got yelled at. 

Little did she know, Draco had secretly wished she wasn't kidding. And if he was honest, he didn't care who won, if Slytherin won, it was good for him; if Gryffindor won, it was good for Elestra, which was then again- good for him.

After eating his breakfast, the match was going to begin soon, so Draco made his way to the fields with his Slytherin acquaintances and got front row seats. Goyle was a bit suspicious of Draco. He hardly ever came to the games. Plus, he'd said he'd been so busy over the month, it was odd he made an exception for this game specifically.

"Why did you suddenly want to watch?" he asked spontaneously.

"No reason. I was just... bored."

The whistle sounded and the game began. It started with Blaise Zabini taking a hold of the quaffle, he bolted through the air to near the goal, sending a player far to the right. He hit the ball with force, but it was bounced off into the air by Weasley.

Elestra caught the ball and zoomed through the air sending it to the goal with all her might. Luckily, it just went through. Someone hit the blunger at Elestra hitting her arm just slightly. After loosing balance on her broom for a bit she finally sat up straight. Ron was doing good. He blocked almost every quaffle thrown at him. 

Gryffindor had obviously won the match. The game resulted in a few bruisers and one broken limb which was quickly fixed by Madam Pomfrey. The house hosted a party in the common room to celebrate the victory. Elestra was wrapping her finger that she bruised pretty badly with white bandage-tape when Draco surprised her from the back.

"Congrats on the win, Ellington." He chirped, he seemed a little bit panicky and watchful of his surroundings.

"Thanks! It really means a lot that you came to watch..." Elestra said shyly, fiddling with her finger.

"It's no problem. I'd come to every one of your game if I could." He seemed grim.

"Is everything ok with you? You seem upset?" 

Draco was surprised she'd picked up on him. "Yeah, I'm completely okay, it's nothing, really." He huffed and looked at her sadly, "I have to go do something in the room of requirement, I should be on my way." And with that he hurried off like he always did. But this time, Elestra realised something had slipped out from the envelope he was carrying.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to comment your opinions! I am open to feedback!

Vote and share if you like it :D

Stay tuned~

Thanks for reading this fair! I'll be publishing a chapter every Saturday! Stay tuned :D